Recommended vid card for 800x480 in linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended vid card for 800x480 in linux

Since the EPIA M can't do the 800x480 resolution natively even with the correct ModeLine, i'll probably just go out and get a PCI vid card that can. I've read some things that ati graphics cards before radeon won't work as well as other vid cards not working.

I found a couple on newegg that are acceptable, but I need to know if they will do 800x480, or if there is even some way to tell before buying.

XFX GF4 MX4000 64mb

Rosewill GF4 MX4000 128mb

I'm running linux with a xenarc 700tsv, if it matters. Currently testing with X, but may eventually go with directfb or something similar.

I've gotten more than one NVidia card to do 800x480 in Windows, no problem. You'd think the Linux driver would basically be the same...?

Comment

I've had pretty good luck using nvidia drivers on my other linux machine, so I'll probably go with one of those. Worse comes to worse I could return it I suppose.

Comment

The problem is usually getting the lilliput to recognise the resolution....setting any nVidia card to the right resolution is easy. There is some magical refresh rate mixture that works......but I couldn't find it.
        EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
        Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
        XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Well, not sure if it makes a difference but I'm using a xenarc 700tsv i think. Are they just as picky?

Comment

Almost....I think :-(
            EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
            Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
            XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Working...
            X