Easy switch wiring question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy switch wiring question.

I bought a switch so my CarPuter don't turn on when I don't want it to (short trips and what not).

It has three pegs labled: Power, Load, Ground. How the heck do I wire this thing?

I'm using an ITPS and a PW70A. Do I take the red wire coming off the two wire plug on the ITPS and put that on the POWER lead of the switch then take the WHITE wire coming from my PW70A and put that on the LOAD lead of the switch? Then what would I do with the grounds from both the PW70A and the ITPS? Just solder them together? If that is correct then do I just find a ground wire to tap into for the GROUND lead of the switch??

Thanks a lot!
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Power goes to +12v source, Load goes to the +12v lead on the device. Ground goes to ground. I assume it's a lighted switch or there'd be no reason for the ground lead. Is a 12v DC switch or a 125v AC switch. If it's an AC switch the light isn't going to work in it, however the switch will still do what it's supposed to. Install the switch on the power & ground leads coming from the vehicle.

Comment

If you're running your whole PC through the switch I hope it is a really high amp rated switch!

Comment

The switch is a 12VDC and it is rated at 25A. Is this good enough?
        Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

yep, the switch is good enough. Go for it
          Check out my hopefully useful site...

www.hobbybotics.com

It's still under design but it is functional

Comment

Working...
          X