No announcement yet.

12volt & $300 touch screens

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12volt & $300 touch screens

I am sure y'all are soooo tired of hearing about theses touch screens, but I am wondering how to power it... the man that sold 'em said that they can do 12volt dc, and the psu that came with it outputs to 12v & 1.5amps. Do I just whack the plug off (hehehe... she said "whack" and give it a power & a ground? fuse? I would like to put a switch on it too.

send mail to:
    kate at bootstrap dot net

2000 Jeep Cherokee
    Asus CUW(E) + Celeron 366 + 64mb + 13GB
    300w Inverter

[This message has been edited by katnip (edited 09-09-2000).]

it isn't quite that probably should run the it through a regulator chip if you plan on powering straight from the car. but you should be able to power it from the computer powersupply should go to radioshack and get a plug the same size instead of damaging the one that came with it

The problem with the "12 volt" that your car delivers is that there are power spikes and surges. This means that you may get approx 11-17 volts out of your car.

Some of the other guys knows alot more about this problem. If you take a look at some of the power supply design that are mentioned around here you will see that they all incorporate features to ensure that the voltage is 12 volts.

I dont know how sensitive the lcd displays are to the difference in power levels ...

Seems like they are fairly sensitive to low voltage at least.. when plugged into my inverter if the car isn't running the screen flashes and gets all snowy..

LOL, Kate. We need some humor on this board every now and then. Keep it up!