In Dash Flip Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Dash Flip Out

I was thinking about getting this, but I was wondering why it was so cheap. Could anyone give me specs. I also would like to know how to convert this with your computer. If anyone could send me specs, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

JackMode19

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...ndexURL=0&rd=1

Why is it so cheap? It's only got a 5" low-resolution screen, and it's not motorized. You have to manually extract & retract the unit.

Autotoys has it for $409, which beats this ebay auction.
    http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wf...uct/EMERSON5TV
    To use it with a computer, your PC has to have video out (or get a scan converter).

Overall, I would say it's not that great for the price.

Comment

Plus it's an Emerson. Not known for their quality.

------------------
      AMD Duron 750, 128m RAM, 10gig WD, 12.1" TFT screen, SB Live! 5.1, custom plexiglass case
      TalonTemple.com
      AMD Duron 750, 128m RAM, 10gig WD, 12.1" TFT screen, SB Live! 5.1, custom plexiglass case
      TalonTemple.com

Comment

Just to follow up, I did a search on Ebay for "in-dash lcd" and I found a company selling these for $188 on a website linked from their auction.

Might be a scam, or return/refurbed units...
        How can they sell them for half what others are selling them for?

http://p2sys.addr.com/elec.htm
        (if the price seems too good to be true, it's usually a scam or stolen)

Comment

Maybe I should visit NYC for spring break (which is now)
          Free entrance to heaven? WOW! I DUN BELIEVE! JC!

Comment

oh yeah and why do they need that 3-digit security number on the back of the credit card? You're right Weston... thats is very fishy... :-( The only times I've ever given my security number from the back is when I called up the credit card company to see why my card was rejected and see whats up with my card...
            Free entrance to heaven? WOW! I DUN BELIEVE! JC!

Comment

Nothing fishy there. I've ordered from several places in the last few months that required the security number from the back of the card. Some of them quite reputable. Also had to enter it when I set up my online banking.

Comment

Something is VERY fishy. Check the address for the "store front". I work in Manhattan, and all NYC zip codes start with the number one. Also, there is no "Saint Makers" street in NY. I dropped the zip into mapquest - and it is registered to Boxford, MA. The price is right, but it's a little too sketchy for me.

Comment

If you look the site where you enter your credit card info is NOT a secure connection. All is has is a litle picture of the padlock that IE uses to show a secure connection. looks like a scam to me. Either that or a really ****ty website....

------------------
                  Monger
                  ICQ-7207702
                  Monger
                  ICQ-7207702
                  UPDATE: I moved farther north. Now its even too cold for the deer; only moose now

Comment

I thought it was a scam, but wouldn't your credit card company be able to cancel payment and find out where the people are. Well I guess will never know.

Thanks,

Jack mode

Comment

I just rechecked the ebay auciton and it is gone!!!!I down' know what happened, but they took it off.

True, that answers some questions.

Jack Mode

Comment

It's BACKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was doing my daily search on ebay and found that the flip out for a cheap price is back, but you can not access there site. It is either down or not going to be brought back up, help me check into this and see what it is all about!!

Thanks,

Jack Mode

Comment

Here is the address I forgot...my bad!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1221812497

Peace,

Jack Mode

Comment

Working...
                          X