No announcement yet.

Getting rid of popping sound (simple)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of popping sound (simple)

Okay, I was just thinking of a way to get rid off that anoying popping sound and I thought of a way so simple that I know someone else has had to of think of it but I'll throw it out there anyways...

Just but a relay card into the computer that will turn the amp on after the sound card has been activated.

...Any problems with this idea?

and do you have the site or anything that backs up your idea?? like where to get the relay card and etc.... sorry i dont need it i got switch to turn my amps on but just to help someone else out

Here's one I found after 20 minutes of searching,

its a lot less simple than putting a relay on 2 wires of the power supply
        Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

simpeler than that - you just need some kind of break in the audio feed to the amp - a ground loop isolater will work - its basically an audio isolation transformer. ask for a ground loop isolater at radioshack, or check there web site for p/n - 273-1374 or 273-1380

Wallmart also started to stock one in there car audio section.

Or, you could take an optical out from the sound card - anything optical should fire up without the pop.

For those with the opus w/ remote option, this is a delayed on trigger - perfect for amp.
          Techonlogy on Wheels

You could split you could run 2 ACC lines and hook one up to a SPDT switch... seems too simple, so somebody is probably going to mention the fact that it won't work. Seems to me like it should... but whatever.
            My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
            2 Kicker Comp 10"
            Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
            Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
            Check it out?!

I have a cube timer in my car that turns on my amp about 6 seconds after my carputer. It was like $20 or so, but great to eliminate that pop.

Try RevFE
              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people