Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

double din adaptor? 2 1-din devices in a double din space possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double din adaptor? 2 1-din devices in a double din space possible?

Is there an adaptor that will allow me to fit a din HU and another din device in a standard double din space? do i even need an adaptor? I have a nissan xterra 2003. and yes i did do some searching =)

Originally posted by ucidave
    Is there an adaptor that will allow me to fit a din HU and another din device in a standard double din space? do i even need an adaptor? I have a nissan xterra 2003. and yes i did do some searching =)
    The stereo opening is double-DIN.
    That means two 1-DIN units can fit in there. It's likely you won't need a mounting kit. I checked C-field for your ride and the only mounting kit is for a single 1-DIN unit with a storage pocket taking up the second DIN slot.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

All depends how your particular car mounts stereos.

In my old mitsubishi that had double-din, there were a pair of plates (one either side) that you screwed to your headunit (or pair of headunits), then slotted this in place.

Yours may be similar. Have you actually tried to remove your current unit???

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
      CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

All of my Toyotas had metal brackets on the side of the factory stereo that held the stereo inplace and allowed 2 single din units to be mounted. When I put in my first aftermarket cd deck-I bought a pocket to fill in the bottom din opening.
        '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Working...
        X