blinking power LED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blinking power LED

I can't seem to get my power LED to stop blinking. I'm running an epia MII12000 with an opus 150Watt, radeon 9200SE pci, 512 ram, 120 gig hard drive, sB audigy NX2. I'm just hooking up an LED power button (i've only hooked up the LED so far) and I can't get it to stop blinking. The manual says it blinks when its in S1 or S3 power modes but not when it is powered on.... any ideas?

You sure you didn't plug it into the HD LED out? I have no idea why the power LED signal would be blinking, besides faulty hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by mushin
      You sure you didn't plug it into the HD LED out? I have no idea why the power LED signal would be blinking, besides faulty hardware.
      i'm sure it's in the right spot... and as for faulty hardware I dunno. everything seems to work fine

Comment

anybody?

Comment

I doubt anybody knows. If everything else is fine, how about the Gordian knot solution. Do you need the power LED? And if you do, why not power it off another 5V line (though you'll lose the blinking in sleep modes)?

Comment

maybe power it up off a 5v line and make sure it isnt a blinking led...you never know!
            2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by gospeed.racer
              maybe power it up off a 5v line and make sure it isnt a blinking led...you never know!
              well now its a 30 doller piece of junk... the 5v line idea didn't work out... time to order another fancy button

Comment

Originally posted by tunnel vision
                well now its a 30 doller piece of junk... the 5v line idea didn't work out... time to order another fancy button
                D'oh! Most LEDs want 1.5V - 3V. At 5V, you need to use a resistor inline with it. I'm sorry our suggestions to use the 5V line led you to kill your button

BTW, what button are you using?? The fanciest power button I know of is the Bulgin illuminated vandel-resistant switch (http://www.bulgin.co.uk/HTMLDocs/new...lSwitches.html), but even that can be had for less than $20...

Comment

I have a cheap but nice looking switch installed that lights up when turned on. Below is my power LED.
                  You should do the same, even if your power LED is blinking. Just make it separate.
                  00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                  Newest install - my quickest ever
                  My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                  My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Originally posted by mushin
                    D'oh! Most LEDs want 1.5V - 3V. At 5V, you need to use a resistor inline with it. I'm sorry our suggestions to use the 5V line led you to kill your button

BTW, what button are you using?? The fanciest power button I know of is the Bulgin illuminated vandel-resistant switch (http://www.bulgin.co.uk/HTMLDocs/new...lSwitches.html), but even that can be had for less than $20...
                    thats the one.... however after shipping to canada its closer to 40

Comment

5V directly into an LED

Always always put a resistor 200-10K for testing should do fine.

Check if the normal LED supplied with the case doesnt blink...if not just find a normal one. You may well have bought a "blinking LED"

Comment

got it working. just needed to plug the system fan onto the connector on the board rather then to one of the drive power connectors

Comment

By drive power connector do you mean the 4 pin molex? There's no reason you shouldn't be able to power a fan off of those. And this fixed the blinking power LED? Weird...

Comment

Its very vague...what fix what? and how?

It is best to find the proper fan connector on the motherboard rather than using the HDD power lead IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky327
                              Its very vague...what fix what? and how?

It is best to find the proper fan connector on the motherboard rather than using the HDD power lead IMO.

sorry. yes I changed the case fan to the motherboard power connector from the hard drive 4 pin molex and the LED stopped blinking

Comment

Working...
                              X