Lilliput Glare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput Glare

Has anyone used their Lilliput with out the touchscreen? I was thinking that it might have a better picture with out the milky touchscreen that is on there. Also might help to cut down the glare. What I am thinking of doing is just bag the Touch screen part and use a Touchpad. I just want to know if anyone is using theres with out the touchpad and if the glare is better. Or will I get to be the Guinea pig for this idea?

You can do a search of course. I recall that this was discussed at length several months ago, and I think that removing the TS did reduce the glare for those that did so, but the drawback is obvious. Others have tried AR films or screen protectors, but I do not recall anything that insipred me. The best thing that you can do IMHO is get a dark tint on the windows and try and cover the screen from glare as much as possible. A light interior is a drawback since it will reflect on the screen as well.
    "Protecting Privacy and Free Speech Online"
    http://www.eff.org/

Comment

I have searched to some extent and have read about the extra film people tried nothing seemed to my liking either. I have had my touchscreen off and noticed it was brighter and crisper picture wise but was curious about glare on the screen if that was reduced. I am going to get the windows tinted as well on my truck.

Comment

Here is a good thread for this question - check #48

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=refractive
        "Protecting Privacy and Free Speech Online"
        http://www.eff.org/

Comment

ok i found one of those fellowes internet touch pads for like 6 bucks .... well 14 with shipping. So I have that on the way. When it get here, i will rip out the touchscreen and post results. Although it appears a few people have done it already and state that it is better.

Comment

WOW this fellowes internet touch pad is bigger than I thought it would be. Its slightly bigger than a cd.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyutah36
              WOW this fellowes internet touch pad is bigger than I thought it would be. Its slightly bigger than a cd.

Damn. That is big lol! I was thinking it was the size of a notebook touchpad. Is it still going to fit?
              My Install Thread
              digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
              How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

It will not fit where I first wanted it. But I have a second spot I can velcro it too.

Comment

glare

my lilliput touchscreen broke while i fiddled with it...damn. anyway the clarity from LCD is not much bettter. rather keep it, you won't even know difference.

have a look at specs of touchscreen on websites like hantouch.com

Comment

Ok I finally did it. The glare is much much better without the touch screen. When I took the screen off I was standing under a light in my house. Immediatly you could tell the touchscreen was putting off way more glare than the LCD, it was like a mirror standing under the light. I reinstalled the LCD with the usb touchpad and can now see perfectly clear in daylight, as where I could see almost nothing before. I am still hunting for a better touchscreen, I do miss being able to reach over and just tap the screen (well at night when I could see it!). Haveing very little use with a laptop before and their touchpads this will just take some time to get use to using.

I still think this is a personal opinion on which is better with touch screen or touch pad. I personally will put a vote in for the touchpad way of life. Until they can find a way to get the glare down on that touchscreen.

Comment

johnny, what i did was go to home depot and bought a piece of clear plexiglass and cut it to fit. instead of just taking out the touchscreen panel, replace it with a plexiglass piece so at least you have some protection against dust and scratches

Comment

Originally posted by krystar
                        johnny, what i did was go to home depot and bought a piece of clear plexiglass and cut it to fit. instead of just taking out the touchscreen panel, replace it with a plexiglass piece so at least you have some protection against dust and scratches
                        Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of removing the touchscreen overlay. Now you just have an overlay and it's not even touchscreen. I used to have a plexi glass front on my NEC 6.5" and it had lots of daytime glare.
                        My Install Thread
                        digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

Originally posted by krystar

Do you get alot of glare off that plexi glass. I was thinking I need something to help prevent scratches and stuff but dont want anything that will put off glare

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyutah36
                            Do you get alot of glare off that plexi glass. I was thinking I need something to help prevent scratches and stuff but dont want anything that will put off glare
                            I wouldn't worry too much about scratchs. If it's not touch screen why would be rubbing up against it? My notebook and other LCD displays are constantly exposed and they're fine.
                            My Install Thread
                            digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

the plexi doesn't really glare up that much. but then if the sun is at the right angle, anything will glare. it's much better than the touchscreen panel

well firstly, the plexi is less glare. secondly, if it does scratch up, i just cut another piece and put it in. a cost of oh....50 cents? as opposed to a new screen heheh

Comment

Working...
                              X