Cable Extensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Extensions

I Have A Few Cable Extensions I need to get... all of them have to be long enough to get from the trunk for a 99 eclipse to the front

I need IDE Cable, Power Cable For DVD-ROM

And does anyone know of an extension for a cable like an ide except with only 3 wires in it and its only close to 1mm wide

I just need to know where i can get any of these online or locally, any help is appreciated

thanks
    Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

Forget extending IDE cable. Covert it to USB or Firewire.
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

I agree go with firewire or usb.

Comment

Where can i get a convertor... and it would have to be usb, i dont have a firwire card in this pc

Comment

Ohh.. you're asking for it..
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...123973647&rd=1

Good luck

o/______\o
          (oo_OO_oo)
          []o-----------o[]
          '94 320i

Comment

Originally posted by djXternal
            Where can i get a convertor... and it would have to be usb, i dont have a firwire card in this pc
            djXternal,

Got me converter off ebay. bought it from ebay user 99store. Listed as a "USB 2.0 to IDE Hard Disk/CDROM/DVDROM Adapter". I paid $14.95 plus shipping. If you are going to use a laptop/slimline CD/DVD player you will also need a "Laptop cd-rom to PCI adapter:. Paid $9.99 plus shipping for it. You will also need a USB 2.0 Extension cable. It's available at any computer store. Make sure if you get it off ebay that it says USB 2.0 cable, and NOT USB 2.o compatible. The ones I got off ebay were actually USB 1.0 (USB 2.0 compatible), and hurt the DVD playback substantially. Make sure your system has a USB 2.0 port, if not, you will have to add one to your system.

Batman
            Batman@TheNewBatcave.com
            www.samshomepage.net

Comment

i dont believe my pc has usb 2.0... how would i go about adding it, and does it affect the play of music cds or any other normal cd?

Comment

USB 2 and 1 are bidirectionaly backwards compatible. So you can still use USB 2, it'll just be slow. Which should be fine for CD listening. I don't know if USB 1 can handle DVDs. You can always add a USB 2 PCI card if you have room, they go pretty cheap.

Comment

SEE BELOW!!

Here is that same one from above but it includes that possibly neccesary external power supply. And its from a store instead of ebay.

http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDeta...1935&kbid=1091

Here is the fatwallet thread where I got the info and is pretty interesting.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...d1=usb%202%2E0

Its $18 USB plus shipping. I would buy it but I'm trying to firgure out the power issue.
                  --------
                  mykolJay
                  99 Accord coupe
                  http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
                  My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

Ok so im gonna get that convertor, but one other question... my dvd drive has another very small cord going directly from the mother board to another small plug on the back of the drive, any idea on an extension for that or am i gonna have to rip it apart and extend each wire one-by-one??

Comment

what operating system u running?
                      that will be sound cable

if u running XP u dont need it if u running anyhting older u need it

and if u really want IDE extending it CAN be done but not good
                      amd k6-2 450
                      64 meg ram
                      5 gig hdd
                      all in an old bit of metal
                      all for under 20

and now a 500watt inverter for 20
                      thats 40 in total
                      not too bad for a noob

Comment

Originally posted by mykolJay
                        SEE BELOW!!

Here is that same one from above but it includes that possibly neccesary external power supply. And its from a store instead of ebay.

http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDeta...1935&kbid=1091

Here is the fatwallet thread where I got the info and is pretty interesting.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...d1=usb%202%2E0

Its $18 USB plus shipping. I would buy it but I'm trying to firgure out the power issue.
                        Extend a power supply wire from the power supply to the from of the car. I used one of the y-splitters, cut one side of the wires, soldered in an extra 8 foot of wire and then hooked it up. This way you have a 5v and 12v hookup at the front of the car for anything else you want to run.

Batman
                        Batman@TheNewBatcave.com
                        www.samshomepage.net

Comment

yea im running XP... so i don't need the sound cable? oh and what about my USB ports, they have a very small approx. 4-5 wire ide type cable... how could i extend this?

Comment

I know this cable company has been listed before by others. I used them last week to get about 10 extension cables and they are great. They ship orders out on the same day and you can choose the shipping method (depending upon what kind of hurry you're in). I got the cables at a fraction of the cost with 15' runs.

CableWholesale.com

Comment

for extending USB i would recomend not extending the IDC cabling ( idc is the standard of cable that is called IDE when it has 40 pins) but just buying for like a 2 ( about $3 i would think) a USB extension leaving the header on the origional IDC cabling, cheaper and easier!
                              amd k6-2 450
                              64 meg ram
                              5 gig hdd
                              all in an old bit of metal
                              all for under 20

and now a 500watt inverter for 20
                              thats 40 in total
                              not too bad for a noob

Comment

Working...
                              X