Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slimline cd-roms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slimline cd-roms

    how do you have your slimline cd-rom mounted?

    i've searched online for mounting kits of any sort but ive come up high and dry so i figured some folks around here had to mounted them somehow... pictures would be great... comments of suggestions are also very welcome!

  • #2
    Here's mine. I used duck tape

    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

    MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

    Comment


    • #3
      nice, im planning to do the same to my car as soon as I get the parts in and some time....

      Comment


      • #4
        When I take the center dash out to redo it I'll post some pictures on exactly what it looks like behind there.
        My Install Thread
        digitaljetta.com

        MKIV VW Jetta
        How do I get sound to my car?

        Comment


        • #5
          what are you redo'ing, looks good from here

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm thinking about mounting mine in my glovebox. i figure it will help keeps cops off my back (I'll just tell them how am i going to watch dvds when there is "no" dvd drive) and how often am i going to switch cds or dvd while driving ... and to cap it all off the only good place i could put one would just look really out of place.

            on a side note: damn ppgt94 your install looks nice
            don't worry i know i usually don't make much sense

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by modUlarBeing
              what are you redo'ing, looks good from here
              There are some minor imperfections that are more visable closer in direct light that bother me sometimes. Nothing major. I guess I'm not really re-doing it. More like touching up. Thanks though.
              My Install Thread
              digitaljetta.com

              MKIV VW Jetta
              How do I get sound to my car?

              Comment


              • #8
                Where do you have the system installed? How far is the DVD-Drive from the system?
                I have my system under the passenger seat. I wonder if it's possible to use a slim slim dvd-drive with a USB adapter.
                Any thoughts?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes there are kits-... if you search for ide-usb on ebay you'll see a dozen...

                  o/______\o
                  (oo_OO_oo)
                  []o-----------o[]
                  '94 320i

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    PPGT94...very nice install...exactly like I wanna do it...but now everybody is gonna think I copied it from you :-p ...looks very clean...thumbs up.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ThaBoy
                      PPGT94...very nice install...exactly like I wanna do it...but now everybody is gonna think I copied it from you :-p ...looks very clean...thumbs up.
                      LOL. Do it. I doubt my idea was very original to begin with.
                      My Install Thread
                      digitaljetta.com

                      MKIV VW Jetta
                      How do I get sound to my car?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by euro320i
                        Yes there are kits-... if you search for ide-usb on ebay you'll see a dozen...
                        so are you suggesting i get a ide to usb kit and then strip it down for the mounting hardware? i suppose i could do that, i was just see how other people installed theirs first...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mikevsgeek
                          so are you suggesting i get a ide to usb kit and then strip it down for the mounting hardware? i suppose i could do that, i was just see how other people installed theirs first...

                          OK, now I'm confused. Are you talking about mounting it pyscially (to your cars interior) or just how to connect a IDE drive to USB? If the former it's different for every car. Like I said I was able to just use duck tape. If the latter I used a IDE to USB 2.0 adapter I ripped out from a enclosure.
                          My Install Thread
                          digitaljetta.com

                          MKIV VW Jetta
                          How do I get sound to my car?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ppgt94
                            OK, now I'm confused. Are you talking about mounting it pyscially (to your cars interior) or just how to connect a IDE drive to USB? If the former it's different for every car. Like I said I was able to just use duck tape. If the latter I used a IDE to USB 2.0 adapter I ripped out from a enclosure.
                            he mentioned ide-usb which confused me... im looking at the phsyical mounting of the drive itself... i need to make, or find, a metal mounting bracket of some sort to use to mount a drive...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Very clean install ppgt - what are you going to use to get the minor imperfections out? I have my install and there are a few small areas that I am not happy with, but just applying more bondo seems like a bad idea. Is there a "post" bondo application?
                              2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                              STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X