Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pci extension cable, pci right angle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pci extension cable, pci right angle

    is there a way to make your pci cards lie flat instead of at a right angle to the motherboard? i want to make 4 pci slots lie flat instead of at a right angle. is there any sites that have these, maybe like a ribbon cable, that connects to the cards?

  • #2
    Yes, I am too locking at this option, they are called pci flexible riser cards, comes in various lengths.

    /L-O

    Comment


    • #3
      Since you did not I did.

      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

      The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
      CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
      PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
      Memory:1G
      Drives:160gig
      WI-FI:Cingular
      GPS:IG2k9
      Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
      The Florida Meets Thread

      Comment


      • #4
        Theres a good range of riser cards here .

        : Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
        : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
        : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

        Comment


        • #5
          dim-8... just be careful about which riser card you get. Some are 32bit, some 64/just make sure you check that it will work on the board you have. Many of these don't work with the epia mini-itx boards!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dim-8
            i want to make 4 pci slots lie flat instead of at a right angle.
            Originally posted by LekanB
            just be careful about which riser card you get. Some are 32bit, some 64/just make sure you check that it will work on the board you have. Many of these don't work with the epia mini-itx boards!
            Point me at the mini-ITX board with 4 PCI slots!!

            : Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
            : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
            : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

            Comment


            • #7
              those little cards are expensive for just wires. by the way i like you mgb i own a 76 mgb myself

              Comment


              • #8
                OK, well, was just about to start a new post, but adding here seems is both helpful and useful.

                I found this riser card. It's for Epia boards, but looking at it, it doesn't say which way it is supposed to face, and wether it lays the cars over the motherboard, or effectively lays them the other direction away from the board (yes I know it says away from, but I'm not sure if that is just bad wording) almst doubling the width of an Epia?

                If it lays over the board (which I hope), do those measurement look like they will clear the IO backplane when it is fitted over the ports?

                I'm looking to try and assemble a 2 Din box behind the dash, with the screen dropping down slightly on a hinge or rails and a spring to allow access to a slot DVD rom.
                4x4 in a turbo stylee.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
                  OK, well, was just about to start a new post, but adding here seems is both helpful and useful.

                  I found this riser card. It's for Epia boards, but looking at it, it doesn't say which way it is supposed to face, and wether it lays the cars over the motherboard, or effectively lays them the other direction away from the board (yes I know it says away from, but I'm not sure if that is just bad wording) almst doubling the width of an Epia?

                  If it lays over the board (which I hope), do those measurement look like they will clear the IO backplane when it is fitted over the ports?

                  I'm looking to try and assemble a 2 Din box behind the dash, with the screen dropping down slightly on a hinge or rails and a spring to allow access to a slot DVD rom.

                  That riser faces away from the mainboard.

                  : Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
                  : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
                  : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Curly_cat
                    That riser faces away from the mainboard.
                    Bugger, that is my plan knackered then. Guess I will have to find a USB WiFi card should I choose to add it as well as an FM PCI card.
                    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i found a agp and pci riser card that's all one unit, but the thing is, the video card is mounted upside down when you do this. the heat is essentially going back into the video card and it heats up VERY quickly. wouldn't recommend.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X