max cpu speed in a book pc model #bki810

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max cpu speed in a book pc model #bki810

what is the fastest processor I can put in this thing? Im currently running a 533 mhz cpu but want to jump it up a bit if possible? Thank you

Are you so freakin stupid that you can't look it up yourself?
    If so, you don't belong putting a computer in your car. Hell, you shouldn't even be driving a car.
    Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
    Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
    In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

calm down, man. There is a more tactful way of putting it, like:

It should be listed in your user's manual. Or, if you do not have the manual, you can probably download a manual from the manufacturer's web site.
      Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
      Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
      I'M DEBT FREE!!
      I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I'm sorry, I just get sick of people asking others to do their work for them.
        Like all the Askslashdot postings.
        "Dear Slashdot, Please do my homework for me"
        or "Dear Slashdot, I'm to lazy to use google..."
        In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

I know how hard it is to find info on these book PCs. I have a BKi810 and it will take up to a Celeron 1GHz. However there are several versions of the BKi810 and some will only take up to a Celeron 533. The only way to tell the difference is to look at the motherboard. The info I have found is atAmptron.

Comment

I've had several of these. I know the documentation says that it goes up to a 533 max. I haven't tried anything higher, but I imagine that with a bios upgrade, you could put some of the faster celerons on it.

Comment

I will smack the living **** out of you in person remember that - SECOND , the manual is outdated as **** it says the most I can run is 450 mhz and Im running a 533 so I was wondering how much farther can I take it.

Stand still, shut up and keep looking stupid *****

Comment

Originally posted by Ces///M3:
                <STRONG>I will smack the living **** out of you in person remember that - SECOND , the manual is outdated as **** it says the most I can run is 450 mhz and Im running a 533 so I was wondering how much farther can I take it.

Stand still, shut up and keep looking stupid *****</STRONG>
                What are you talking about??? I think you should just shutup...

Comment

<STRONG>I will smack the living **** out of you in person remember that - SECOND , the manual is outdated as **** it says the most I can run is 450 mhz and Im running a 533 so I was wondering how much farther can I take it.

chill out Ces///M3

Comment

Are all BMW owners like this?

Comment

Simple answer: YES
                      Reason: they were dropped at birth
                      Other Faults: think they own the world coz they paid lots for a car
                      SensitivePsycho

Comment

The problem is that the celeron CPU uses a different socket after 533MHz. 533 and under uses the original PPGA socket and above 533 uses a FCPGA (Flip Chip PGA) socket. The worst part is that both CPUs fit in both sockets. You can damage the CPU (and possibly your book PC) if the wrong CPU is put in. Some motherboards have a jumper to select the CPU type. My BKi810 that has the jumper (I have an 850MHz celeron in it and I'm typing this message on it). However I know I donk have the most common version. The jumper on my motherboard is has FC-CPU written next to it so I suggest you look for a similar jumper on yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunmaster:
                          <STRONG>

Are all BMW owners like this?</STRONG>
                          No not all of us BMW owners are like that (well I'm not) but it probably applies to most of them. Wish I knew why and glad I'm not.
                          Awol

my $0.02 cents (value is based on the intelligence of the person reading this message)

Comment

Ces///M3.
                            You know what, maybe your should have stated your problem in the original post.
                            "Hey, The manual is outdated, anyone know..."
                            Instead of the lazy "....want to jump it up a bit if possible"
                            This sucks, all these newbies are freakin idiots, and have no right to put a computer in their car, no less their own home.
                            In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Originally posted by lstrunk:
                              This sucks, all these newbies are freakin idiots, and have no right to put a computer in their car, no less their own home.
                              Hmm weren't we all newbies at some point in time. Being a newbie requires asking questions to learn while elite people ask harder questions or more complicated ones. It doesn't mean a newbie asking simple questions that he is an idiot or a moron and doesn't require our help. Newbies look up to the elite people to get correct answers to their questions not to get blasted and flamed for it. If you can't handle it lstrunk then I suggest you ignore the simple newbie questions and let someone else answer it.
                              Awol

my $0.02 cents (value is based on the intelligence of the person reading this message)

Comment

Working...
                              X