P4-ITX Mainboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4-ITX Mainboard

Do anyone know this board ??? The only ITX P4 board to under 200$ I've seen earlyer, is the Insight board. But I think i read some where in this forum that it had alot of problems with the Opus ???

This board is also build on a Intel 845GV chipset, instead of the VIA P4N266 chipset. And as IDE2 channel the Intel board has 44-pin header, as i recall that's for 2.5" Harddrives ???

CarTFT writes "Pentium 4 2.4GHz (256KB) with 256MB DDR memory +5V: 3.29A; +12V: 4.83A"

The plan for my sytem would then be:

The P4-ITX Mainboard
    My 2.2GHz P4 Mobile CPU (30watt)
    512MB Ram DDR PC2700
    HDD 40GB 2.5" 5400rpm/8192kb cache
    Panasonic Slot load DVD/CD-RW

Could i possibly run this on the Opus 90watt, or am I forced to use the 150watt ???

Just to be safe I'd say the 150watt. 90 watt is gonna be pretty close to what your computer will be using. On the opus that's a 90watt MAX output correct?
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Do you have a make model # for the board? That would help cause ther are many p4 itx boards out!!!!
      2-15" ILO lcd w/DVI
      6800 gt Duel DVI out
      p4 1.6ghz flex atx board
      1gb 400 ram
      120gb(2-60gb raid) sata hd
      2-60gb hotswap
      WIN2K Pro SP2
      M.A.M.E. w/2,300 games
      CARPuter info

Comment

Originally posted by CHUPACABRA
        Do you have a make model # for the board? That would help cause ther are many p4 itx boards out!!!!
        Um... he just mentioned the board.. It's the Insight P4 ITX.. There's only 1 model from there.

I have that board. I think I was the one that mentioned the problem with the OPUS.

MY CPU is a P4 2.8c w/ 1U size Heatsink/Fan
        Full Size HD and Full Size DVD-ROM
        512 mb ram

The problem I had with OPUS is that it doesn't do standby properly. Opus contacted me and tell me to call them, they may have a solution. But I'm too busy at the moment to work with my carputer, so I've been putting it aside. Hibernation is fine, regular startup and shutdown is fine. If you're not planning to use standby at all. There is absolutely no problem for you.

Oh, I have the 150watt version, it never hurt to be prepared, you never know when you'll going to need that extra 60watt.

Comment

I have an Insight P4-ITX as well.

The IDE connector is the normal big kind. It works with the standard connector for 3.5" drivers. If you want to use it with a laptop drive, you'll have to buy an adapter.

Opus 90W will definitely not be enough. The Opus 90W puts out 2.5A on the +12V rail. This is about 30W and your P4 will need somewhere between 60-70W. Even an Opus 150W (which puts out about 60W on the +12V rail) may or may not be enough depending on your processor. I use an Arise MPD-810H which puts out 72W on the +12V rail. It has worked fine for me so far.

You might also want to consider getting a 1U CPU Fan like the Dynatron DC1206-BM. The Intel one that comes with your processor is way too big.
          1994 RX-7, EPIA P4-ITX w/ Celeron 2.4 Ghz, Arise PSU, Xenarc 700TSV (new model)

Comment

Hmmm sorry.... I forgot an important thing .... The link to the board ...

http://www.cartft.com/carpc/catalog/il/328

It is'nt the Insight board, and i don't know who makes it, but it looks pretty sweet....

It's an P4 Mobile CPU at 2.2GHz I'm using, so it doesn't need that much power... It's rated at 30watt, and not 60-80watt like an normal P4 CPU

I alrady lokked at an 1U cooler -> http://www.cartft.com/carpc/catalog/il/330

How much bigger is the 150watt dimensions, than the 90watt.... ???

Comment

That is darn near $200 USD.... Yikes that is a bunch of $ for a mainboard.
              TruckinMP3
              D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by wanjer
                Hmmm sorry.... I forgot an important thing .... The link to the board ...

http://www.cartft.com/carpc/catalog/il/328

It is'nt the Insight board, and i don't know who makes it, but it looks pretty sweet....

It's an P4 Mobile CPU at 2.2GHz I'm using, so it doesn't need that much power... It's rated at 30watt, and not 60-80watt like an normal P4 CPU

I alrady lokked at an 1U cooler -> http://www.cartft.com/carpc/catalog/il/330

How much bigger is the 150watt dimensions, than the 90watt.... ???
                Becareful on which 1U heatsink fan to go to. You wouldn't want a jet engine sound inside your car. That is the main reason I also chosen the Dynatron. The noise is not as noticable.

I'm not entirely sure what the dimensions on the 90 watt PSU, so I can't help you there. But I can certainly say the 150 can handle my P4 2.8c + Full HD + Full DVD. And the PSU fits in the palm of my hand.

I don't know much about that board, so I can't give any comments on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPistonPC
                  I have an Insight P4-ITX as well.
                  NPPC, have you figure out how to put it in standby yet? I really missed standby. Nothings beats 3 seconds from iginition to song playing.

Comment

I have this motherboard... and i love it.. I used the 44 pin ide for my 80gig laptop harddrive.. it eliminated the need for extra power wires running around for a full size hd. I am using firewire for my slim cdrw/dvd drive.

As far as the powersupply.. i suggest you run a 150w. The P4's seem to draw a lot of current. I think just about the max of the 90w psu.

the motyherpoard boots up fast.. POST is quick, it also has digital in or out. The graphics max out at 8megs of ram but it can handle the winamp vis with no problem.. (Gueiss) however i have not tested milkdrop yet.

I like the fact that it has Firewire with an extra header and USB 2.0 with an extra header. It also has Irda headers.
                    -Jack
                    2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
                    Samsung Galaxy Tab In dash

Comment

TruckinMP3 it's not more than an Epia M10000 cost's. And i payed 100$ for my Intel Mobile 2.2GHz CPU, so i still think it's an realy nice setup for the money. But I'm still thinkin obout bying the ASUS P4P800-MX, it's with a Intel 865GV chipset, that has Intel Extreme 2 graphics, Dual DDR ram, and så on. But it's a Micro ATX board, so it's 25 x 25cm instead of the 17 x 17cm And it has 3 PCI slot's and a AGP slot that iøm not gonna be using .... But the price is under 100$

Comment

Originally posted by wanjer
                        TruckinMP3 it's not more than an Epia M10000 cost's. And i payed 100$ for my Intel Mobile 2.2GHz CPU, so i still think it's an realy nice setup for the money. But I'm still thinkin obout bying the ASUS P4P800-MX, it's with a Intel 865GV chipset, that has Intel Extreme 2 graphics, Dual DDR ram, and så on. But it's a Micro ATX board, so it's 25 x 25cm instead of the 17 x 17cm And it has 3 PCI slot's and a AGP slot that iøm not gonna be using .... But the price is under 100$
                        Yup $100 seems better to me too.... Thus my earlier comment.
                        TruckinMP3
                        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
                        X