Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know the ide running temp for athalon 64?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know the ide running temp for athalon 64?

hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what temp an athalon 64 3200+ should roughly be running at?

i have the 1megl2 version that first came out and with the stock heatsink i think i normally run around 100-110*F
    don't worry i know i usually don't make much sense

Comment

h0t

Comment

And I really hope you're not putting a 64 in your car... Seems like overkill/waste. Use it on your own desktop.

Comment

yeah, it is in my desktop...

Avelerion - what do you term as hot? mine seems to be hanging around the 115 to 120 mark on idle with a Zalman CNPS7000B-ALCU cooler running on max fan speed!!

what i'm trying to ascertain is whether this is correct behaviour... seems mighty hot for a CPU which isn't doing any work. but i have no previous experience with athalon 64's

sagekoala - cheers... if yours is running that on the standard heatsink then mine seems to be running hotter than it should.... i've got some arctic silver 5 on order, so i'll see if that helps me at all

if anyone has any suggestions for me it would be appreciated!

Comment

You aren't using any thermal compound on an Athalon 64!? Artic silver will definitely help.
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

i am using thermal compound - the stuff that came with the zalman cooler...

Comment

Bah. my athlon XP idles at 120 degrees F :-P 110 aint hot heh. At load my CPU gets up to 145 degrees.
                "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                RevFE
                My Shop

Comment

Working...
                X