Slimline slot load performance + capabilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slimline slot load performance + capabilities

I have been searching to find if they are any good but all I find are instructions on how to convert slimline drives to ide or how to make them work with USB

Does anyone have experience with these drives?

Are they as better / worse / just as good as ordinairy slimline

Are they as better / worse / just as good as 3.5" drives

Cheers
    if you can't find time to do it right, when are you gonna find time to do it over.

I have a slimline to usb connector that works just like any other drive I have. In my opinion, it is expensive. I think it was ~$50 shipped for the enclosure and then you have to add a drive if you don't already have one. I would say go with the slimline to ide if you can, because of cost not the quality of the connection.

Comment

Go firewire if you can
      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

doh!!! stupid me

Was wondering why the replies were about connectivity and then I realised that I hadn't asked my own question, here goes again....

Is the

1. data transfer rate comparable (assume IDE) or are they notably slower
        2. Robust drive mechanism
        3. Smooth or snatchy transport mechanism
        4. Prone to skipping etc...

Basicaly are they any good? It is my intention to mount the drive into a travla 136 case and thought it would look well cool with a nice slot loader in the middle of the dash.

Cheers
        if you can't find time to do it right, when are you gonna find time to do it over.

Comment

Working...
        X