Perfect CapPC Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect CapPC Case

I Just ordered one of these tonight, 18 bucks, free shipping.....Ill give a review and pictures of it when i recieve it.

http://www.cmicomputer.com/cgi-bin/q...ps0&detail=yes

Originally posted by Deliriousvision
    I Just ordered one of these tonight, 18 bucks, free shipping.....Ill give a review and pictures of it when i recieve it.

http://www.cmicomputer.com/cgi-bin/q...ps0&detail=yes
    That's a big bastard if you ask me...
    You can still have something if you have nothing

Comment

Dimension (LxWxH) mm : 345x320x145

that's kinda...big...too big for me...

Comment

I found my own perfect CarPC case while i was at the recycling shop at our local rubbish tip. I was looking for something completely different when i noticed they had a whole heap of old PC cases, as well as some Dumb-Terminal cases. The size of these dumb-terminals is perfect for sliding under a car seat:

(LxWxH) mm :
        220x280x60 without the back cover

310x280x60 with the back cover on (hides/protects the connections to the PC

I just ripped out the minimal internals these things had and cut the back panel to allow my Epia 800 board to fit. The Morex PSU + car adapter also fits in there, as well as my notebook hdd. I decided to mount the DVD drive externally (thats the IDE cable hanging out the back), but if i decide to use it as a HTPC, i could fit the drive in there as well (on the left at the front of the case - would need to cut a slot in the case for it though).

The best part about it? It cost me AUD$2 (about US$1.40)...

Comment

alrite, so i busted out teh measuring tape........that is kinda big compared to some of your other cases, im trying to fit a reg micro atx board 3.5 hdd, and cdrom in the case, so one of those small cases wouldn't work. At least its better than the eMachines case i have under the seat right now, it it 1/8inch too high, so that when i slide the seat forward and back it moves the computer.....

Comment

Deliriousvision, will an OPUS 150W PSU fit into that case?
            BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

Huge!
              ----------------------
              VIA Epia II
              256MB 266DDR Ram
              90GB Wester Digital
              Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
              Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
              ----------------------
              Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

I wonder about the "rainbow floodlight" it comes with! Sweet find though. Little on the big side, but if it works man, go for it.
                Tidder

Try RevFE
                The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Damn it. That's exactly the size case I've been looking for and failing to find. I guess I need to go check the local computer recycling shops and keep my fingers crossed. I was going to build one from plexiglass and some metal pieces from an old case (the m/b mounting plate) but your case is more than adequate. Height is the key thing since I want to put it under the passenger seat too.
                  Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                  Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                  Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

the reason i choose this case was taht i wanted to do minimal modifications, and i needed the ability to mount 2 hard drives, cdrom, and several PCI cards.....so this worked for me.....i was using an eMachine's case which prevented my passenger seat from sliding forward and back....but this one works perfect.....also the opus 150w mounts perfect in the power supply spot....since its the smaller type supply............my comments on the rainbow flood light....wel...it was plugged in for a min and i couldn't stand it, unplugged it, gunna take it out and just mount a few blue leds to keep the same theme in my car........

Comment

Try one of these (they come in various colors too), its 4" x 13" x 16.5"(HxWxD):

Micro ATX case at Newegg

An opus 150w fits on its side (with the case removed & a little mod of the lid)

EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                      Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                      XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

not too bad, cept thats 57 dollars with 15.99 shipping......i paid 18 dollars, free shipping but yea i like that one better, and its probably more sturdy than the one i ordered....

Comment

So... anyone know of a 2" high case? Up to 3" might work but is pushing it. micro Atx + space at the side for a 3.5" hard drive is what I'm looking for.
                          Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                          Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                          Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

Originally posted by pip
                            Try one of these (they come in various colors too), its 4" x 13" x 16.5"(HxWxD):

Micro ATX case at Newegg

An opus 150w fits on its side (with the case removed & a little mod of the lid)

How much modding would be required to fit the Opus 150?
                            BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

Originally posted by Dominik
                              I found my own perfect CarPC case while i was at the recycling shop at our local rubbish tip. I was looking for something completely different when i noticed they had a whole heap of old PC cases, as well as some Dumb-Terminal cases. The size of these dumb-terminals is perfect for sliding under a car seat:
                              You should tell people it's a proprietary Tektronix diagnostics and media system.

I think I'll make my next case from a LeCroy or Rohde&Schwarz carcass... maybe with all the buttons and knobs left on the front. Or rig it so the scope screen dances to the music.
                              95 Chevy G20 Vroom Boom Room
                              ...with a whole bunch of nifty ****... go check it out: VanDomain Page

Comment

Working...
                              X