custom case fabrications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom case fabrications

i'm a lazy bastard and don't feel like looking through useless pages of people's drivel, so i'm looking to see what people did to make CUSTOM cases. i'm talking about 100% custom cases, not atx cases they dremmeled and put a plexi side on with lights. i'm talking custom to fit inside dashboards, to fit inside the trunks, to fit under the seats, etc.

I bet they searched and did research

How can you be lazy and want to build your own case?
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility

Comment

The case I had in '99 (unitext.jpg - the silver one), and the one I have now (newcase.jpg - the small one).
      Bigger versions of the pictures on my website.
      Attached Files
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Slot USB DVD drive

Here is a link to a Slot load DVD drive that I found on Newegg.com Slim Slot DVD drive They also have the USB 2.0 Slim enclosure Slim 5.25 USB 2.0 External Enclosure Slim 5.25 USB 2.0 External Enclosure
        Jmx600

[llll----------] 10% Complete

Comment

custom case

I used some cheapass 1/2" MDF board for my case. It only has 4 sides and the rest is open. It is stored underneath my seat. It's about the size of a shoebox but not as tall. You need to buy special screws for this wood otherwise it splits. Pics here:

http://www.mattfischler.org/carputer/

--Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey
            The case I had in '99 (unitext.jpg - the silver one), and the one I have now (newcase.jpg - the small one).
            Bigger versions of the pictures on my website.
            Looks like you bought a metal enclosure and then modded it to add in your computer bits? That's what I'm currently thinking of doing for my micro ATX m/b. If I'm right - where did you get the metal enclosure from? I'm still searching for one the right size.
            Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
            Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
            Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Arathranar
              Looks like you bought a metal enclosure and then modded it to add in your computer bits? That's what I'm currently thinking of doing for my micro ATX m/b. If I'm right - where did you get the metal enclosure from? I'm still searching for one the right size.
              http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ID=3&doy=10m10

I used Box PC25 and then shorterned it to 8" and cut all the holes for fans, connectors, blow holes, IR sensor, etc.
              Old Systems retired due to new car
              New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Working...
              X