Standby, Shutdown or hibernate???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standby, Shutdown or hibernate???

Just out of curiousity, what do most of you who have the opus 150 have your computers set up to do when you turn the car off? Standby, hibernate, or just shut down all together?

Originally posted by futuresweets10
    Just out of curiousity, what do most of you who have the opus 150 have your computers set up to do when you turn the car off? Standby, hibernate, or just shut down all together?
    Mine shuts down... for some reason Windows gives me a BSOD when I try to hibernate. I tried to figure it out but just gave up. It is a kind of pain to have to wait for Windows to boot up, though.

Comment

And what are the bois settings to have it go into hibernation? I cant get mine to go hibernate. I am using opus 90W.

Comment

Standby

I use the car twice per day, so the small drain on the battery is not noticible.

I don't see the point in getting a power supply that has the potential to leave your computer in standby, and not use it.

I love the 3 seconds it takes to resume from standby and to playing music

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

hibernate for me. 40ish seconds from ignition to music. though the DC thud every time is annoying but thats not hibernation specific.
          VIA EPIA 533 MHz
          256 MB RAM
          7" Lilliput VGA Touchscreen
          20 gig HD
          Media Engine 2.1.4
          GPS - Earthmate/SA2004
          802.11b Connectivity

Comment

I have mine go into hibernation. It takes 25 +/- seconds from IGN to playing MP3s.

Comment

Standby. Never had a problem with it and it is super fast.
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Standby with hibernate. The ignition pulses (with relay) power off switch (which is set for standby) then my computer is set to hibernate after 1 hour.
                Standby = 3 seconds to MP3s
                Hibernate = 20 seconds to Mp3s

No amp thud due to pulse timer relay

Media Engine has slight burp with hibernate resume. Frodoplayer works fine.

Comment

Shutdown
                  2004 4runner

Comment

Hibernate... and it only takes about 10 seconds to come back up.

I've been told that GPS devices can have a problem with Hibernation though, so I'll see how it goes when I started implementing that!
                    Celica VVTi
                    EPIA M10000 Nehemiah, 160Gb HDD, 7" Lilliput VGA Touchscreen, Opus 150Watt PSU, Slimline DVD/CDRW, Road Runner

Comment

I have an opus 90, useing hibernate...
                      My carputer

Old one

Comment

opus 90, using hibernate for now (testing). Mediacar and frodo work fine after upgrade of XP to sp2 and disabling power management for the usb root hubs etc...

Not using my gps yet though...

Joa
                        List of front-ends/usefull apps
                        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Working...
                        X