Ok ppl...Please READ!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok ppl...Please READ!

Ok i think for all you newbies in here. Thanks to psalm for creating this page. Now most of the stupid questions being asked in this group will no longer be asked again right?
    http://www.mp3goesmobile.com/faq.htm

abcd-1
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Hey I wrote a section of that....I wondered what ever happened to that.....

Comment

They're not stupid questions, some have just been asked before. I'm sure you were born with all knowledge of MP3cars and never asked anyone anything or had to research something.. give people a LITTLE bit of a break.
      MP3 Cavalier - http://www.mp3cavalier.com
      MP3 Grand Prix - http://www.mp3gp.com

Comment

Comment

Ya know, I'm just a beginner at this, and I already knew most of that info...

If someone is going to go thru the trouble of creating an FAQ, it needs to be very through and technical in nature.

Later...
          '96 LT1 Caprice
          Tunercat Enhanced
          Best 1/4 time: 14.5 @ 93 mph

Comment

ImpoSSter: but just take a look over the course or a week and see how many questions that FAQ answers. If people use it, it could be a great asset and decrease the somehwat repetitive nature of sopme of the discussions. And it also covers a lot of the 'hey I'm a newbie what do i have to do' questions. And im not saying there bad questions at all just now theres a consolidated place for them.

Oh and if your SOOO (notice the sarcastic nature of that word) smart then why don't you just go write that highly technical FAQ?

[This message has been edited by Catlas (edited 11-01-2000).]

Comment

Hey catlas, your section is 2.3.1 but with all of the troubles I was having with my email server maybe I missed something?

------------------
              http://www.mp3goesmobile.com
              http://mp3mercury.mp3car.com
              <A HREF="http://mp3mercury.ghettoware.net[/URL" TARGET=_blank>
              [URL=http://mp3mercury.mp3car.com]http://mp3mercury.mp3car.com</A>

Comment

I didn't say I was SOOOO smart. I said I was a beginner, but even I knew the info listed there.

You know, if my quest proves successfull, I will be glad to post the information so that others may benefit. Seems that a lot of people associated with MP3 cars or Carputers would rather just keep all their info to themselves. That's their prerogative, but it doesn't help anybody else.

'96 LT1 Caprice
                Tunercat Enhanced

Comment

psalmx yep that was my section...I think it may need updating...all see what I can do there....

ImpoSSter: Whenever you get around to writing some more in depth stuff just let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help out

Comment

ImpoSSter: What do you mean people keep information to themselves? Really? Then why do web sites like mp3car.com, and many others exist. Why are there so many subdomains? Why does #mp3car exist? And why do so many users make web sites to post theyre info?
                    2004 F-150
                    Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
                    "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

No offense to pslam, but the FAQ only answeres the most basic of questions, which are already answered on the www.mp3car.com page. In addition, there are spelling, punctuation and capitalization mistakes throughout. However, as far as I am concerned the layout is excellant. I think we all need to collaborate on a FAQ.

Now that I think of it, Microsoft Word has an excellant FTP feature which enables you to edit documents directly over the Internet. I have a public FTP server. Those who are interested could contact me, and I could set this thing up. We could work on the FAQ together until we have something decent, then convert it to HTML and have moon post it on the mp3car.com page....Anyone interested?

------------------
                      Aaron Cake
                      London, Ontario, Canada

Player: Cyrix 200, 32MB RAM, 10.2Gig Quantum HD, Onboard EtherNet/Sound/Video, Custom Lexan Case, Arise DC-DC, Win95 Kernal w/Custom Player
                      Car: '86 Mazda RX-7 w/Basic Performance Upgrades
                      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

That sounds like a good idea, Aaron. I've been lurking here, building and improving my mp3car rig for a year now. I also am a FAQ editor and maintainer (not a word, but you get the idea) for the intranet at my work. I'd enjoy helping out.

-nickel

Comment

raZor,
                          I have been to many of the sites you refer to. Any many list: "I did this and I did this and this...". Mostly, they do not get into the technical nitty gritty of HOW they did it.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few sites out there that get quite technical, but you have to SEARCH for 'em. This thread pertains to making a FAQ so you don't have to search. Most newbies would rather make a redundant post on this board than actually do any searching themselves.

I think that once my setup is done, I will post as much as I can on how I get it running.
                          '96 LT1 Caprice
                          Tunercat Enhanced

Comment

I just took a look at that so called FAQ--now this is just my plain honest opinoin--it just plain blows. I mean, anyone who has ever built a computer and hooked up their stereo system could easily accomplish any of those so-called problems without it--I also know there are some who come here that need that help. However what about that bigger problems that everyone brings up? Like shielding IDE cables? Or tips on mounting HDDs? Or even how to make a dc-dc PSU? This site has generated a wealth of info on the intricasies ( i kow i spelled that wrong) of building an MP3Car. Somebody needs to step up, sift through all the posts, and build a FAQ on the questions that keep popping up.

Comment

HappyPuppy,

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm sure someone worked hard to put that FAQ together, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

------------------
                              '96 LT1 Caprice
                              &lt;SAIL&gt;
                              '96 LT1 Caprice
                              Tunercat Enhanced

Comment

Working...
                              X