Finally got rid of the popping noise!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got rid of the popping noise!

I got fed up with hearing that popping noise everytime I start my car up and scarying the ***** out of my passengers when my sounds card pops my 2 vega 12" subwoofers. So I bought a pulse timer relay that I connected to my acc. wire so whenever the car is turned on it receives a signal and disconnects my amps for 30 seconds to allow my computer to boot up. I've been debating between getting like a computer relay card and a couple other options but I think this one was the best.

Where did you buy it and how much did it set you back?
    Georgia Area Meet Photos

Comment

Here's what I used for that: http://www.altronix.com/p_html/6062.htm. I think I paid about $18 for it.

Is it similar to you, XxAndyxX? Dude, find a simpler name, will you?
      EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

I used this one. Link

It is $24, and only thing to do is to connect wires. Very simple.

Comment

Originally posted by falconey
          Where did you buy it and how much did it set you back?
          I bought it at a local shop. I just told him that I found on the internet for 10 bucks and he said he could give it to me for $10.50.

If you're going to buy one I'd try some local dealers first because these are DEI and used extensively in install shops.

Comment

Working...
          X