In-Dash LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Dash LCD

Has anyone built an in-dash lcd? I mean...a 1DIN case for you lcd? motorysed or manual! I'd like to try and make one but I have no ideia how to...!

10x
    Virando costas ao mundo
    Orgulhosamente sós
    Glória antiga, volta a nós!

There are ways to build an manual one. Just get an in-dash housing from digitalww.com and fit a Xenarc or A Liliput in. There are instructions in www.digitalww.com

As for automatic ones, I am planning to get the AutoCAN unit but it cost $990us.
    Honda Lagreat Carputer Project. Mobile Entertainment
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33936

Full Spec for mods check out:
    http://www.hondashowoff.com/profile.php?id=3766

Comment

www.digitalww.com sells an in-dash case that you can put an LCD in, as well as a complete unit with an LCD installed already.
      System status: in progress

Comment

Why dont you people ever search???? the tool is meant to be used. SEARCH GOD DAMN IT

Comment

I did search...but I couldn't find no one who had built it.....with case included...I was thinkin' I could used a 1DIN radio case and fit the screen in there...but how? If I can't manage to do it I'm thinkin' of installing my screen above the phone

Virando costas ao mundo
          Orgulhosamente sós

Comment

little help here... ideas on alternatives to in-dash...(non-expensive ones would be great )
            Virando costas ao mundo
            Orgulhosamente sós

Comment

I'd be careful about mounting the screen above the phone in case the passenger airbag ever needs to deploy. If you wanted to remove the airbag you could put everything in there and it'll look stock.
              What are your plans so far? Will you be replacing the HU that's already there? Mounting it on top of/below it?
              Old plans out the window because of an accident .
              Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
              Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

CarPc in trunk, for now I want to keep my HU 'cause buying an amp to wire the sound would come as an extra cost....lilliput w/TS on the dashboard..but I don't want to cut my dashboard...as much as i'd like to have a very stock install I could never "destroy" my dashboard ...so I'm left with very few options :S I could move the phone to somewhere else but I'm not sure if the screen would interfere with passenger's legs.....

I'm an open-minded guy...as long as no one tells me to "rape" my dashboard
                Virando costas ao mundo
                Orgulhosamente sós

Comment

You can buy TFT indash screen for $150 and use it but it does not worth it...
                  But why do you need big LCD in such a small car ? Can't you use your HU display for that ?
                  Car pc integration with ease
                  Car mediacenter

Comment

Looks like you fit a custom made screen enclosure where your radio is and jsut have it fit in nicely so you dont have to cut your dash. You could copy the angle of the radio so you can see it better and just have the bottom of the screen out a bit. Also is that the ash tray below? you could pull this out and carry on your enclosure down to infront of the gear stick and put your DVD drive coming out fo there. The money you save on not buying a pull out screen mechanism would go a long way to paying for an amp. Best thing i found to do is make a mock up screen and just try positioning it around your car to see where it will fit.

Comment

A picture says a thousand words:

Sorry about the poor quality - did it on an IBM laptop in paint with one of those little trackpoint thingys. Alright you would have to buy an amp but it would look more oem and if you made a removable enclosure you would not harm that precious dash.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Or you could jsut mount it above the vents off some brackets coming from behind the metal facia or vent holes but this would block the Pininfarina badge!

Comment

Scouse Monkey : thanks for the tips...It has given me some ideas ..I'll make a "cardboard lilli" and play around with It a little bit anyhow..thanks a lot
                          Virando costas ao mundo
                          Orgulhosamente sós

Comment

No probs buddy. cartft has a useful comparison table for the tft screens with screen and external dimensions - should help with your mock-up.

Comment

Working...
                            X