No announcement yet.

Dvd drives in car

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvd drives in car

When going over bumps to dvd drives skip? would getting a stot loaded dvd drive solve this? Thanks in advance.

I have a DVD-ROM mounted vertically and I have never had a skip. Mine is not a slot load, but the disk will stay in the tray when vertical. Hope this helps.

Mine has never skipped. Even had dvd playing while testing system in 1/4mile race. I even went through washington D.C doing atleast 80mph and it worked fine.

Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
      You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Correct me if I am wrong here, but constant speed should not affect a DVD or CD player. Accellerating through the 1/4 mile could cause skipping, but constant 80MPH won't as long as the road is even close to reasonable shape.

Aaron Cake
        London, Ontario, Canada

Player: Cyrix 200, 32MB RAM, 10.2Gig Quantum HD, Onboard EtherNet/Sound/Video, Custom Lexan Case, Arise DC-DC, Win95 Kernal w/Custom Player
        Car: '86 Mazda RX-7 w/Basic Performance Upgrades
        Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
        Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
        "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

I was trying to play dvds from the HD. I actually got it copied to the HD but would not play for some reason. Anyway, you would need a decent sound card to do the all the channels if you are into the surround thing with PC DVD drives.

I'm adding a real dvd that goes with my HU and it has the 5.1 whatever sound to go along with all the channels including the center one.

There is an alternative to putting a DVD drive in your car...

current projects