Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slimline slot load dvd drive ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slimline slot load dvd drive ?

    Can anyone recoment a good slimline slot load dvd drive ?

  • #2
    Panasonic CW-8123-B. Check it out.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jdub421
      Can anyone recoment a good slimline slot load dvd drive ?
      Newegg has them.
      Search for slot loading...

      -Mario

      Comment


      • #4
        good advice.. new egg has them.. i am ordering one myself.

        may I hijack this thread for another question??

        I am a little confused on coversion and power of drive.

        Im buying a slimline to ide coversion piece.. then

        I need a ide to usb 2.0 piece.. Where is this available?

        Also I am planning on running the usb into a port hub. Does
        the drive get power directly to drive or from hub. I plan on using the
        opus supply.

        Thanks
        Carputer in design stage...
        Currently working on Lilliput In Dash Install...
        MII 12000 + 512Mb Ram + Panasonic Slim DVD, CDRW + Lilliput 7" + Opus 150W + 3.5 120gb Drive... most parts on order!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by biglips31
          good advice.. new egg has them.. i am ordering one myself.

          may I hijack this thread for another question??

          I am a little confused on coversion and power of drive.

          Im buying a slimline to ide coversion piece.. then

          I need a ide to usb 2.0 piece.. Where is this available?

          Also I am planning on running the usb into a port hub. Does
          the drive get power directly to drive or from hub. I plan on using the
          opus supply.

          Thanks
          I guess this would depend on the converter if it had a regular power connector. I would suggest running power straight from the OPUS since I doubt USB's 500ma limit would power that drive.

          I looked at the MAPOWER that newegg sells and contacted the manufacturer. They said they don't recommend with the USB powered model, but the Firewire model was fine...

          Just my thoughts though.
          Anyone else?

          -Mario

          Comment


          • #6
            This has been discussed at length several times - do a
            EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
            Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
            XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

            Comment


            • #7
              Yo Pip,

              If you take the time to respond why dont you just answer the question. I dont post often and have been here for a little while. when i search alot of things do come up and after reading the postings I am still a little confused, hence my post. Im sorry but Im not as smart as you i guess.
              Carputer in design stage...
              Currently working on Lilliput In Dash Install...
              MII 12000 + 512Mb Ram + Panasonic Slim DVD, CDRW + Lilliput 7" + Opus 150W + 3.5 120gb Drive... most parts on order!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Obviously not:

                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...hlight=DVD+USB
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...hlight=DVD+USB
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...hlight=DVD+USB
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...hlight=DVD+USB
                EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Pip,

                  I finally got it.

                  I could run my usb connection to my usb 4 port or to the computer but I still want to supply my 5 volt power to the drive AND the 4 port via the opus power supply.. Do i have now?
                  Carputer in design stage...
                  Currently working on Lilliput In Dash Install...
                  MII 12000 + 512Mb Ram + Panasonic Slim DVD, CDRW + Lilliput 7" + Opus 150W + 3.5 120gb Drive... most parts on order!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Check out the link below. It's to an e-tailer that offers a Pioneer DVR-K05 slimline slot load Dual Layer DVD burner. It only uses 4.8w peak. And it gets it power directly from the USB, so no extra power cable is needed. It comes as an external drive, mine should be in the mail soon, i'm going to attempt to remove the drive and the slimline-usb converter and mount it bare.

                    http://www.dfwdepot.com/dvd-ram/inde...products_id=82
                    Don't hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get crappy ideas from!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      does a one piece slimline to usb adapter exist? I am trying to avoid connecting two adapters (slimline->ide->usb).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by scfountain
                        Check out the link below. It's to an e-tailer that offers a Pioneer DVR-K05 slimline slot load Dual Layer DVD burner. It only uses 4.8w peak. And it gets it power directly from the USB, so no extra power cable is needed. It comes as an external drive, mine should be in the mail soon, i'm going to attempt to remove the drive and the slimline-usb converter and mount it bare.

                        http://www.dfwdepot.com/dvd-ram/inde...products_id=82

                        Would this drive will work with just connecting the USB 2.0 to a mobo?? And don't need an external power connection?? Can anyone confirm this??

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I cant believe how unhelpful and hostile everyone seems to be on this forum, i've posted a couple of times and so far all i've really recieved is the icon and had people shoot my ideas down in flames.

                          I can understand it gets annoying having similar questions over and over but all the long standing members here might as well install a bot to answer posts with "do a search noob " then they could do something else instead of wasting their time...

                          Shame really but thats just my impression from my short time spent on the forums.

                          EDIT: my apologies for posting this on your thread jdub421

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think if you have entry-level questions you really just should search for the answers, its more annoying than you might think to look through all the pages of noob stuff for anything interesting, new, etc.

                            That's the whole point of databasing the posts and making them searchable. It creates a database of answers. But the more repetition of the same posts there is, the more diluted the good information gets.

                            I think it would be good to make a bot so that if you're entering a post, it would suggest some other threads for you to read before it actually registers the posting. I bet there would only be 1/4 of the number of new threads, but there would be a way higher ratio of interesting stuff.

                            by the way, which screen is better, the xenarc or the lilliput? and can you recommend a good usb mini keyboard? have you seen my new tank circuit?

                            =)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Vinister
                              I think if you have entry-level questions you really just should search for the answers, its more annoying than you might think to look through all the pages of noob stuff for anything interesting, new, etc.

                              That's the whole point of databasing the posts and making them searchable. It creates a database of answers. But the more repetition of the same posts there is, the more diluted the good information gets.

                              I think it would be good to make a bot so that if you're entering a post, it would suggest some other threads for you to read before it actually registers the posting. I bet there would only be 1/4 of the number of new threads, but there would be a way higher ratio of interesting stuff.

                              by the way, which screen is better, the xenarc or the lilliput? and can you recommend a good usb mini keyboard? have you seen my new tank circuit?

                              =)
                              Well the new version of vb suggests alternate threads down at the bottom...
                              Audio: 4 * Rainbow Audio Germs + Infinity Basslink / Case: iStarUSA S3 / CPU: C2D P8700 / MB: Jetway NC64-LF / SC: ASUS Xonar Essence STX / RAM: Crucial 2x1GB 1066MHz / HD: MTRON 2.5" 30GB / DVD: Panasonic UJ-815B / PSU: Opus 180w / LCD: Xenarc 700TSV

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X