Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karputer.net

Allo guys,

Just saw this in T3 adverts at the back.

http://www.karputer.net/karputer.php...epac_ultimedia

OMG we're looking at £1749.998 including the VAT, and it aint even installed... Does mediacar know that their software is being used too?

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Chewiee

VW Mk2 Golf GTI 16V:
    Kenwood KDC-W6527 HU
    Silver Travla C134, Slot Loading DVD/CDRW,
    256MB, VIA Epia MII 12000, Carnetix 60W, Xenarc VGA/Composite TS and a GPS Mouse

price is not that bad, if you count in all the features taht one has to included(software/hardware) they are making about 300 off you...plus they dont ship to us, the interlock system is not supported by media car..
    where as frodo's bbaa is magnificent
    DICE Los Angeles
    ]

Comment

i think this is the company that bought a oem license for mediacar.. doesn't matter now anyway.. mediacar is gpled anyone can sell it
      '98 Explorer Sport
      http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
      AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
      80% done

Comment

that 10" deep case ain't gona fit a number of DIN spaces
        •Micke

Comment

Originally posted by yunusyu
          price is not that bad, if you count in all the features taht one has to included(software/hardware) they are making about 300 off you...plus they dont ship to us, the interlock system is not supported by media car..
          where as frodo's bbaa is magnificent
          You did realise that the price listed there was in £GBP, not $USD. that works out at $3,202.299 USD?

For the sort of hardware that we are using plus XP home (what does that cost these days at trade prices? About £40GBP? Maybe less?

And what do you reckon the USB radio is?

Maybe well marketted, but it ain't nothing that you could put together for 1/3-1/2 of the price and maybe even get an audio installer to fit it for you.
          4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Similar package, but without the extra bells 'n whistles....
            ~$1600

http://www.bildator.se

Comment

we are going at 1650 per complete unit...and we have so many incentives..plus warranty
              But i actually know people who are willing to pay upto 4000 for the system..with 3 screens and stuff
              DICE Los Angeles
              ]

Comment

Originally posted by hijinks21
                i think this is the company that bought a oem license for mediacar.. doesn't matter now anyway.. mediacar is gpled anyone can sell it
                The software being GPL, is that for sure? I know people showed the properties screenshot, but could it have been a screwup? Anyone get a hold of Coyote and ask him if it was his intention to make it GPL?
                Installation Complete, pics soon

EPIA M10000 in Morex 3688 case
                FrodoPlayer
                CoPilot Live 8

Back from long hiatus, will be rebuilding soon

Comment

Originally posted by ncamara
                  The software being GPL, is that for sure? I know people showed the properties screenshot, but could it have been a screwup? Anyone get a hold of Coyote and ask him if it was his intention to make it GPL?

he has no other license included.. unless there's one in the installer
                  '98 Explorer Sport
                  http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
                  AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
                  80% done

Comment

Working...
                  X