Via C3 Processor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Via C3 Processor

I've just won a cheap motherboard on ebay thats socket 370 and has built in audio, video and lan. I'd like to use a processor powerful enough to support playing back dvds on it but wondered what the via c3 733 would be like - it is supposed to be ultra cool running and can be passivly cooled - anyone got one running in their box?? Any info about it would be great as i'd hate to waste 36 on one if they are rubbish - i have no money left let alone any to waste
    Mediabox Hardware Project
    Current Stage: A complete redesign, although not much happening right now!

Mediabox Software Project
    Status: Writing Sync Software (still) and playing around with interface
    To do: Far too much!

ive heard they are good for what they are, not designed for load work, intensive programs, but yeah as far as dvds and mp3s go it will be fine, also ment to be aournd 10 degrees less than an equal celeron

Comment

If the cpu isn't powerful enough, I'd think you'd be able to pick up an old DVD Decoder card for a few bucks...

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: PatO ]
      http://www.jeepmp3.com/
      CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
      Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

A 733 cyrix3 should be powerful enough for mp3s and dvds, but just as a warning, unless the motherboard you just won has been tested on via's website as working, its a crap shoot. i had a board that biostar said would run a cyrix (but via didnt) and it never ran the 650 that i had.
        -Nick

Comment

Working...
        X