Thin Xbox coming in the future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thin Xbox coming in the future?

Take this internet rumor with a grain of salt, but this sounds pretty cool for people wanting to go the Xbox carputer route.

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=12847

External power supply could easily be replaced with a DC adaptor and 2.5 inch laptop hard drives have less capacity but last longer in the car than 3.5".

the new PStwo is really thin.

comparison with old PS2

Comment

You could just mod your xbox to do everything you would never need it to do in 1/2 of the space... it's more fun that way and less pricy. You can pick up a NEW xbox for $150... can find used/refurb for cheap and they are easier to mod becuase they are usually older xbox models... the new 1.6 xbox's are a bit harder to mod...
      SpudFiles

Comment

What exactly do you guys mean mod the xbox? like using it as the computer itself or.. ?

sorry i am confused.

Comment

You can modify the xbox via modchip of softmod and make it run as a full Linux computer.
          SpudFiles

Comment

thanks, if i mod an xbox to run full linux, will i need a vga screen, or can i still plug it it with the a/v cables into a regular screen? OR will it work with a touchscreen? Is there a navigation system program that will work with a linux xbox, and will the xbox still be able to be played as a gaming consol?

Thanks!!

Comment

Well, since the video is output the exact same way, its a sure bet that it will work on a tv. As for a VGA adapter, there are people who **** chickens, I'm sure someone makes them and you can buy one somewhere (Not a chicken ******, a VGA adapter). And yeah, a XBox controller port is a USB port, but wierdly shaped (Like those new ****ty xD digital camera memory sticks, I mean damn, its a funky shaped sd card, and did they HAVE to make the name a face laughing at us for being stupid and buying that ****?), so, as long as there are linux drivers for a TS, you're safe.
              Quick! To the Popemobile!

Comment

Working...
              X