Antennas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antennas...

Does anyone know if there is someway to MAKE or BUY an antenna that can recieve the following...

Standard AM/FM radio
    Standard TV
    CB
    Wi-Fi (B and G)

I know that you can buy antennas that do radio and CB... surelly there is a way to have one that recieves more than just that...

What about those wing antenna looking things I saw on Pimp My Ride earlier this evening?

I don't want to have a million antennas hanging from the car or start putting antennas under bumpers and inside the car...
    SpudFiles

Lovelly I just found a similar post in another area
    Still looking for answers though...
    SpudFiles

Comment

Yikes. That's a heck of a range of frequencies.

AM: 0.530MHz - 1.7MHz
      CB: 26.965MHz - 27.405MHz
      FM: 88MHz - 108MHz
      802.11B/G: 2401MHz - 2473MHz

The 802.11 stuff throws it way off, even if there were such an antenna its performance in that area likely wouldn't be very good. You're better off with a seperate antenna for that.
      System status: in progress

Comment

Ya would have to have 3 different antennas i would think
        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
        Buy Sell or Trade
        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
        Thank you
        Forex
        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Just have several antennas and then put them really close together. I think there is an issue if your radio antennas are not straight up. As for 802.11 you can hide that antenna under the dash, or in the rear panel in between the speakers., it should still work great. When I was using my laptop, i just used pcmcia card, and it worked fine from the floor...kind of under the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaKane
            Just have several antennas and then put them really close together. I think there is an issue if your radio antennas are not straight up. As for 802.11 you can hide that antenna under the dash, or in the rear panel in between the speakers., it should still work great. When I was using my laptop, i just used pcmcia card, and it worked fine from the floor...kind of under the dash.
            Beware of how close you put some of them together. If they're close to 1/4 wavelength of one of the frequencies apart, then the antennas will become elements of an array and screw up your radiation patterns.

See here to figure out how to calculate wavelength: http://esdstudent.gcal.ac.uk/TelApps...ves/sld008.htm
            System status: in progress

Comment

Antenna tuners DO exists.
              <> They start at $600.00
              <> They can't tune multiple frequencies at once
              <> They can't tune (for $600.00) to 2.4ghz)

look into iCom (www.icommamerica.com)
              •Micke

Comment

Humm... well I know for a fact that I can get an antenna that does both AM/FM and CB at the same time in the same antenna... what about those old school TV antennas that go on the back of your trunk (that when painted look just like an odd back wing)... where could I find one of those?
                SpudFiles

Comment

I'll bet my lunch that three way antenna is a 'wrapped' antenna. and while it has one physical unit.. it's got two or more leads.
                  •Micke

Comment

Might check This. Looks interesting

Edit: or you could stick this on the roof of your car
                    肚子笑痛了
                    S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by PCGUY112887
                      Humm... well I know for a fact that I can get an antenna that does both AM/FM and CB at the same time in the same antenna... what about those old school TV antennas that go on the back of your trunk (that when painted look just like an odd back wing)... where could I find one of those?
                      I only see those on limo's. Maybe you could rip one off one next time you see it parked up!
                      In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")
                      Bunny's first poo
                      __ U

Comment

If this is just for receiving on all devices then you can use any antenna. You would be better off using at least two or three antennas. One for wi-fi and the other for the rest of you stuff using a splitter. Remember though, if you want to transmit, as on the CB, then you need to seperate the antenna feed from each receiver or you will transmit right into each device on the same antenna feed, thereby pro'lly killing each device except the CB. Also, each time you split off from the antenna you will have signal loss to each device. Usually good antenna splitters, known as duplexors for two feeds, or triplexors for three feeds don't have that much of a frequency spread. Certainly not the spread you're looking for.
                        P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

Humm I can't find any pictures from that episode of Pimp My Ride but...
                          "Boomerang antenna on top of the trunk to watch live tv"
                          So a boomerang antenna may be a nice option
                          SpudFiles

Comment

Boomerang antenna is just asking to be ripped off IMO.....
                            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")
                            Bunny's first poo
                            __ U

Comment

Working...
                            X