Small screws for slim cd/dvd drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small screws for slim cd/dvd drive

Just got my slim cd/dvd drive from ***********, went to mount it and it uses really tiny screws.. i have none that size, haven't ever seen any that size and can't complete my project till i find them. would Radioshack have something that small or is it something specialized?

Craig

ahhhh just slap some super glue in there Seriously man, just go to Radioshack, I've never seen them but they might have them. Or just take apart an old RC car Tons of little screws!
    CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

If you can find the thread pitch, McMaster has a lot of hardware (their machine screws start at size #2-56), and they ship very quickly.
      Old plans out the window because of an accident .
      Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
      Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

you can also use the screws used in glasses to hold frames to earpieces...

Comment

http://www.microfasteners.com/catalo...s/METFMSPS.cfm
          M2 x .4 x 4mm
          Car pc integration with ease
          Car mediacenter

Comment

I got mine at a TrueValue store.
            EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

wow, thanks for the ideas guys, i will try an old pair of sunglasses.. anybody know somewhere in Canada to get the stuff? i just waited 3 weeks for my Opus and DVD drive to get here from the US.. thanks again.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X