FM transmitter ... quality not what expected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM transmitter ... quality not what expected

Instead of yanking out my new JVC headunit ( touchscreen LHX-500 ) I just got one of those FM transmitters. It has a short cord to stick in the OUT of the soundcard, and is powered by a separate USB cable.

I had a hard time getting the radio to tune it in, mainly cuz It auto searches for the proper signal...
    anyway, the sound quality wasn't all that great as it kept getting fuzzy, but I had it VERY close to the carputer...

Has anyone found that placing one away from the system etc... works any better or should I just give up on the idea and buy a separate Amp to drive speakers. ????????????

Thanks
    Don

You really wont get a great signal, you can try all types of tricks, like groundin the fm transmitter to the chassis of the car, you can connect you car fm aerial ti the transmitter to improve the range, instead of a fm trasmitter, why dont you go for a fm modulator there much better and far cheaper than a new amp, also i think you may find aux inputs on the back of the jvc headunit, rip it out go on!
    Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

nope, no aux inputs.
      Just a jack for external CD changer (or) Surrius sat radio...

maybe I could mod that to accept inputs..

Comment

Originally posted by Don 944 LA
        nope, no aux inputs.
        Just a jack for external CD changer (or) Surrius sat radio...

maybe I could mod that to accept inputs..
        i would have thought u could do that, how many pins on the connector?
        Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

im sure you can find an adapter,, unless you have fiber optic inputs like me im sure you can
          throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos

Comment

yeh, look for an adapter, pioneer has the rb10 adapter that gives you aux in from your ibus cd changer input.
            --------
            mykolJay
            99 Accord coupe
            http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
            My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

One of these might work for you, I'm at work so I'm not looking into it too much for ya
              Old plans out the window because of an accident .
              Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
              Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

Originally posted by RPI Geek
                One of these might work for you, I'm at work so I'm not looking into it too much for ya

Dude, You da Man !!!!!!!

Just added to list of goodies to get.....

Thanks
                Don

Comment

Working...
                X