Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding (more) Cardbus slots

Hi all,

I've been looking at the EPIA MII mobos and was happy to see that it has a card slot for Cardbus and CompactFlash. I was wondering how easily you could expand the number of cardbus slots it can take.

I've also seen IDE PCMCIA ATA adapters but I don't want to just use storage media.

I want to keep the 32-bit Cardbus functionality. I've seen some 16-bit PCMCIA slots but I want full compatibility with 32-bit cards.

Help? Please?

Originally posted by Player_One
    Hi all,

I've been looking at the EPIA MII mobos and was happy to see that it has a card slot for Cardbus and CompactFlash. I was wondering how easily you could expand the number of cardbus slots it can take.

I've also seen IDE PCMCIA ATA adapters but I don't want to just use storage media.

I want to keep the 32-bit Cardbus functionality. I've seen some 16-bit PCMCIA slots but I want full compatibility with 32-bit cards.
    A quick trip to resulted in this:
    A PCI card with 2 PCMCIA slots, capable of reading both 16-bit & 32-bit PCMCIA cards.
    http://www.amtron.com/reader/pcdtp202cs.htm

Enjoy...
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Hmm. Does anyone have any sort of "extention" cables for these? So that I can mount the slots anywhere I want?

Comment

Working...
      X