Low Profile PCI sound card??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Profile PCI sound card??

Does anyone have a sound card that fits in a pci slot but is only about 1-2 inches tall(not including the mounting bracket)? The game port would be on a ribbon cable or non-existant. Has anyone seen something like this? Where can you get one?

Thanks!
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

Most of the cheap sound cards seem to be that height usually (the CMI8330 chipset spring to mind, etc). But they are fairly nasty.

Best bet might be to get a riser card? I had a problem with adding a Vibra 128 in place of the crappy onboard motherboard sound card.

The case I built had the motherboard flush against the case wall. So the sound/joystick sockets stuck out. Had to desolder them, and then wired up some RCA sockets on shielded cable for the audio out instead...
    Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Astec is another one. If u have studied any of my pics u would have seen me use 1-2 of them. But riser card is prolly ur best bet since most of the company don't make these sound card anymore.
      abcd-1
      Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
      You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

You could try this one.

It doesn't look too sweet but its super low pro and it's only a buck right now.
        95 Honda Civic DX Coupe - In Progress
        mp3civic site

Comment

Working...
        X