DAMN, awesome price on "carputer" sys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAMN, awesome price on "carputer" sys

Damn, If I had some more money in my account, I would buy this! Perfect size for carputer, and comes with a 15" LCD Monitor to boot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...137520516&rd=1

I am not at all affeliated with this vendor. Just like to point out great opportunities for people.

Peace,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

better yet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5136731355

The pc only version...

Attila

Comment

Wow, the only two reasons that I am not getting this right now is that I get paid next month (damn commission), and that I'm not sure that the USB 1.1's can handle so many things (GPS, KB, Touchscreen, Phone cable, etc), The processor is plenty powerfull, but I guess if I need a little bit more speed, i can always upgrade it to a 1.2GHz Cel or even PIII. I know that someimes brand name computers have problems with upgrading the CPU, but I've done it a couple of times before. Is there a huge difference in power usage of a Celeron 1GHz S370 and a PIII 1GHz S370?

Peace,

Rafster
      Post # 3000

Comment

or:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...136929307&rd=1

I'm in the process og building my carputer. What do you guys think about this???

Comment

hey rafael u think that hard drive is a 3.5" someone on this froum was selling one and they said it was i think i might by this thing

Comment

Doesn't have any expansion slots so you can't even add a USB2 card. Even still, Looks like a good deal. I'd like to know more about the monitor though.

Comment

shal:
              Here's more info on that computer

Dell optiplex GX150

It should be able to handle just about anything, except the video ram seems a little bit low, 4MB.

Graphics architecture Intel 3D with direct accelerated graphics port (AGP)
              Graphics accelerator Embedded Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT) with optional 4-MB Graphics Performance Accelerator (GPA), or a 4X AGP card can be supported (low profile cards for small form-factor and small desktop systems; full-height cards [up to 22.9 cm or 9 inches] for the small mini-tower system)
              Display cache optional 4-MB, 133-MHz SDRAM
              Graphics memory Dynamically allocated from system memory
              Video resolutions
              (display supports some or all of these resolutions) 640 x 480 pixels; 85 hertz (Hz) max refresh rate with 16.7 million colors
              800 x 600 pixels; 85 Hz max refresh rate with 16.7 million colors
              1024 x 768 pixels; 85 Hz max refresh rate with 16.7 million colors
              1152 x 864 pixels; 85 Hz max refresh rate with 16.7 million colors
              1280 x 1024 pixels; 85 Hz max refresh rate with 16.7 million colors
              1600 x 1200 pixels; 75 Hz max refresh rate with 256 colors

CJ: I beleive that it was already sold, I actually posted on that thread to find out the model number of the computer. I beleive that the seller still has not sent it because the buy is asking for shipping info. Here is the link to the thread:
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34408

Good Luck,

Rafster

P.S. I'm not really sure if it's a 3.5" drive. My guess would be that it is, thinking that it would be sor of stupid for them to put an even slower laptop drive in there. Remember, in those days, they thought 5400RPM was screeming fast
              Post # 3000

Comment

here is a link on the first system. anyone notice how much ram it can take 128 will run like crap with shared video and sound.
                My Install

Software:
                CFiG v1
                iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
                Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
                StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

hmm.. maybe i'll get it just for the monitor. That's the cheapest price for a LCD monitor i've ever seen. I'll sell the PC back and have the LCD monitor for only $120.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by alti
                    here is a link on the first system. anyone notice how much ram it can take 128 will run like crap with shared video and sound.

Looks like it can take up to 512MB, 2 Dimms

Crucial.com E-PC 40 Ram Info

Originally posted by nl4jy
                    hmm.. maybe i'll get it just for the monitor. That's the cheapest price for a LCD monitor i've ever seen. I'll sell the PC back and have the LCD monitor for only $120.

What do you guys think?
                    If you do sell it, I call dibs if it's ~$100. Hopefully less.

Peace,

Rafster
                    Post # 3000

Comment

heres a place selling refurbished dells
                      http://www.crs-uk.biz/trade/acatalog...Processor.html
                      Program aborting close all that you have worked on,You ask to much. You step into the stream,but the water has moved on, This page is not here. Chaos reigns within, Reflect,repent,and reboot.Order shall return
                      The car

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelsherman
                        Damn, If I had some more money in my account, I would buy this! Perfect size for carputer, and comes with a 15" LCD Monitor to boot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...137520516&rd=1

I am not at all affeliated with this vendor. Just like to point out great opportunities for people.

Peace,

Rafster
                        I was thinking of getting one of those for my mother...but there's a $50 shipping charge!

Still a cool setup
                        95 Mustang GT Convertible
                        87 Mustang GT Convertible
                        My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

I'm not a fan of this computer. It's cheap, but I think you get what you pay for. There is no room for expansion, and something that I really look for in a machine or expansion card is onboard RCA. Most screens take RCA for inputs. I've messed around with adaptors, and they wiggle loose and cause further problems in a car.

just my $0.02
                          www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by shal
                            or:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...136929307&rd=1

I'm in the process og building my carputer. What do you guys think about this???

Bit of a large beast (physically) to put in a car.

Also check whether it uses a standard ATX PSU or one of the DELL specials, otherwise you might have to use an inverter rather than an OPUS or other DC-DC ATX PSU. (this also applies to Compaq and possibly HP)

Comment

i got one here the size 12"x13"x4" not that large.
                              thay also do have expansion slots 2 pci (one long one short) and an agp slot .but because its only 4" thick you need to get small pci boards .(lots around)
                              the PS is a very small dell with a 2.5" fan with a max combined output on both volt rails of 85w so thay will work fine on an OPUS
                              still a standard ATX
                              Program aborting close all that you have worked on,You ask to much. You step into the stream,but the water has moved on, This page is not here. Chaos reigns within, Reflect,repent,and reboot.Order shall return
                              The car

Comment

Working...
                              X