• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFT or Dual Scan??

which is better and why??

I did a search and it was a toss up.

thanks in advance

------------------

Dual scan has two problems: bad readability if not looking at it straight on, and ghosting on the screen. TFT is the better option, unless you're concerned about cost.

Comment

thanks.

actually im taking my time to build this. i want it to be awesome so i will build it slow and with quality items.

Comment

Same here. I'm currently going for a graphical VFD for status displays (possibly with a touchscreen), and a 12.1" TFT screen from flat-panel.com that will go to 1024x768 with a VGA input (one awesome display for only $350). Everything will be motorized, so you won't know it's there until the car is turned on.

Comment

Both of u should go with TFT. And Chris Snyder...why do u even need VFD when u are getting 12.1" TFT screen.

------------------
          abcd-1
          Author of CobraI and CobraII.
          For more information on the COBRA Application's please visit the link. For the latest or updated info on CobraII please click on the link. Get new updated files for CobraII here. ftp://pictures[email protected]/d:/newdlls
          You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is Cenwesi
          Webpage comming soon!
          abcd-1
          Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
          You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Where the hell do you hide 12inches of monitor !?!? Even with a flat panel, you must be driving an MP3-van.
            Gizmo-
            Techonlogy on Wheels
            http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

... or an MP3 bus!

TFT is much brighter and has more clarity than Dual-Scan. Dual-scan is old technology and when placed side by side, TFT is WAY brighter and has a wider viewing angle.

When I was at Comdex last year I saw a cool LCD -- when in bright sunlight it would switch to reflective mode (no backlight). It was really amazing! Imagine a nice TFT panel showing a crisp, bright image in direct sunlight!
              Jason Johnson
              Yorba Linda, California
              http://www.m2pc.com

MPC Phase IV - *** PENDING ***

Comment

There is no choice.

TFT

------------------
                http://www.geocities.com/mr_bubba_zanetti/
                current projects

Comment

Hell man...TFT, There is NO CHOICE....Im switchin to TFT..the extra money is not even an issue of value..do it right kid.. TFT
                  ------2000 S-10 Xtreme----------
                  BookPC 433 5.6" LCD
                  128mb ATI AIW
                  18gb Laptop HD DVD
                  GPS TV
                  Wireless Internet
                  Wireless LAN
                  ***VIDEO SURVEILLANCE***

AIM: Kinnish0 (Drop me a line)
                  KinnishXtreme( IN CAR SN)

Link To My XtremePC2001 Page
                  Pic's of Install Here

Comment

is this the one everyone is talking about? http://www.flat-panel.com/SK2005R.HTM if so how does it look even thought it is analog? how do you power it up? thanks

mark

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">why do u even need VFD when u are getting 12.1" TFT screen.</font>
                      The TFT is only going to be for movies and GPS, and will be concealed when not in use (motorization). The VFD will be for everything else, including MP3 functions, and even climate control (I'm building a custom system).

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Where the hell do you hide 12inches of monitor !?!? Even with a flat panel, you must be driving an MP3-van.</font>
                      Nope, actually an MP3-bug<g>. I'm building a custom dash and console.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">is this the one everyone is talking about? http://www.flat-panel.com/SK2005R.HTM if so how does it look even thought it is analog? how do you power it up? thanks</font>
                      Yep, that's it. The difference between that one and the other analog input ones is that it has a VGA analog input, which is exactly the same connector that your regular monitor uses. It won't be quite as good as a digital connector, but it will be better than a normal monitor.

Comment

sweet, i'll hafta start saving, if i can mount it on it's side that would be perfect,...and then i could get the panasonic saround sound and 7 inch flip out monitor to complament my dvd system hehe

mark

PS in the mean time i will prob mount the face of the origanal stock tape player over the pioneer slot load dvd player, all mounted in the dash...just think an mp3 saab.

Comment

Working...
                        X