Opus to power monitor???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus to power monitor???

I have the opus 150 and I want to try to power my touch screen with it. The touch screen I have is a 3m brand and I have no specs on it (10.4in, 12volt input). I dont want to just wire the screen into my truck because voltage fluctuates in a vehicle and I dont want to chance the screen not being able to take voltage spikes. I was thinking that since the opus is regulated it would be the best route, but I dont know if the opus could handle it....

Thanks for the help

You could, but I wouldn't recommend it. Just get a 12v regulated car dc-dc supply from radio shack & use that...making sure its rated high enough to power the screen.
    EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
    Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
    XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

That's what I did. And lots of other people have done it, too. Works great!

Sucks that you had to start a new thread over it, though.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20427
      Carputer-II: Infiniti Q45
      Simple setup, NAV-only
      Tablet PC :: FP :: iGuidance

Carputer-I: '99 Honda Odyssey
      Dual monitor, separate outputs: Finished
      FP :: iGuidance :: WinDVD :: EPIA M-10000 :: Opus 150w :: In-dash/On-dash

Comment

Originally posted by futuresweets10
        I have the opus 150 and I want to try to power my touch screen with it. The touch screen I have is a 3m brand and I have no specs on it (10.4in, 12volt input). I dont want to just wire the screen into my truck because voltage fluctuates in a vehicle and I dont want to chance the screen not being able to take voltage spikes. I was thinking that since the opus is regulated it would be the best route, but I dont know if the opus could handle it....

Thanks for the help
        I use the 12 volt from a DC to DC PS. Make sure you connect it correctly and do it.
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
        X