Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Riser do I need?

One of these says its 3.3v and the other is 5v

I am really not sure what I need in a riser card. I'm looking to run a sound card with SPDIF in.

Here are the two card:

http://www.mycableshop.com/sku/PCITX4-2-3A.htm

PCITX4-2-3A is a 32 bit right angle PCI riser that can turn in either direction. They are designed for short chassis, such as the 2U chassis. The height of the PCITX4-2 is designed to clear that of PCITX4-1, so that two PCI I/O boards can be inserted in parallel with the motherboard in the same direction. The PCITX4-2-3A's VIO = 3.3V and the side where the connector is mounted is the A side. When user's I/O board is inserted on A side, it will be parallel to the motherboard with component side up.

The overall dimension of the PCITX4-2 is 3.54"L X 2.08"H.
    The connector center height is 1.830".

http://www.mycableshop.com/sku/PCITX4-2-5A.htm

PCITX4-2-5A is a 32 bit right angle PCI riser that can turn in either direction. They are designed for short chassis, such as the 2U chassis. The height of the PCITX4-2 is designed to clear that of PCITX4-1, so that two PCI I/O boards can be inserted in parallel with the motherboard in the same direction. The PCITX4-2-5A's VIO = 5V and the side where the connector is mounted is the A side. When user's I/O board is inserted on A side, it will be parallel to the motherboard with component side up.

The overall dimension of the PCITX4-2 is 3.54"L X 2.08"H.
    The connector center height is 1.830".
    '02 GTI
    [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
    [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
    [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
    [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
    Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

bump for input
    '02 GTI
    [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
    [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
    [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]