MP3 problems...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 problems...

OK, here's the current problems I'm facing and possible solutions...let me know what y'all think:

1. Motherboard will not boot with LCD controller card installed. I've had it in there WITH the regular video card, w/out it, and with no other cards in there - it WILL NOT BOOT. MB is from a Pentium 60 system, but has the 120mhz overdrive installed.
    ---- I am buying a new MB/CPU combo: K6/200mhz CPU on an Octeck MB (which is supposed to be PnP. Think this will fix it?

2. I have a Kenwood HU (s5009 I think - '98 Model). It has the "round" connector on the back. Crutchfield reports the aux input adapter will not work w/this. The HU will not select "aux" w/out something connected there (I tried connecting a walkman w/headset wires to the pins like I read in a post here - but it won't go to the aux setting). Any other ideas? I hate going to the local sound shop and paying $40 for the adapter only to have it not work! Any other ideas?

So far, that's all. Hopefully I can get these issues worked out and play some tunes!

TIA,

Richard.

------------------
    '96 LT1 Caprice
    <SAIL>
    '96 LT1 Caprice
    Tunercat Enhanced
    Best 1/4 time: 14.5 @ 93 mph

...and before anyone posts that I should do a search on the HU input issue - I already have. Lots of "general" info and questions - but no answers...
    '96 LT1 Caprice
    Tunercat Enhanced

Comment

Will the LCD controller boot in another motherboard?

------------------
      Aaron Cake
      London, Ontario, Canada

Player: Cyrix 200, 32MB RAM, 10.2Gig Quantum HD, Onboard EtherNet/Sound/Video, Custom Lexan Case, Arise DC-DC, Win95 Kernal w/Custom Player
      Car: '86 Mazda RX-7 w/Basic Performance Upgrades
      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

I'd say that getting a newer motherboard would be your best solution for booting with that card.

- JustAGuy

Comment

I had a headunit that was soposed to be able to hook up to a pioneer changer, but I could never get it to go to AUX mode. I went out and bought a kenwood unit, I think its a kdc 515 or something, it has a round connector on it.... I boutght it local form an audio shop, they sold me the headunit and a litle round adaptor to 2 female RCA's . when I pluged in the RCA's and hit the Src button it says "AUX" on the display.

I would call kenwood on it...
          I did see someone mention something about a jumper on the back of there head unit. something like they had to short 2 pins on the back to switch it from cd changer to AUX src.
          Gizmo-
          Techonlogy on Wheels
          http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aaron Cake:
            Will the LCD controller boot in another motherboard?

</font>
            It DID boot in my P3 450mHz...Display was real crappy tho (has both LCD and VGA output)

I'm hoping the new MB will solve that issue..

As for the headunit - I still have the owner's manual and the adapter mentioned is not listed in the accessories. gizmomkr, how old is your HU?

------------------
            '96 LT1 Caprice
            &lt;SAIL&gt;
            '96 LT1 Caprice
            Tunercat Enhanced

Comment

idono how old it is, but its a <a href="http://www.kenwoodusa.com/cat_detail.htm?p_Prod_ID=KDC%2D515S&p_HotButton=D+ MASK&p_ProductDivision=Mobile+Electronics&p_Produc tCategory=CD+Receivers&p_View=cat%5Ffeat%2Ehtm"> Kenwood KDC-515S. </a> it uses a circular din, and the diplay reads "aux"
              Gizmo-
              Techonlogy on Wheels
              http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

Working...
              X