Clear plastic window for LED or IR Senesor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear plastic window for LED or IR Senesor

Can anyone help me source a clear plastic window (diameter of a penci erasor roughly) for Some LED's or an IR sensor of a lilliput.

I got back to working on my Lilliput in the sunvisor project.

Or can anybody help me think of easy to find items that I could make a round window out of?

Thanks

-Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Maybe use a clear plastic sheet protector from an office supply store? You could cut out a round window with scissors or an X-acto knife.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

CD Case
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
        CD Case

Good thinking

Comment

old VCR IR plastic cover - your significant other would not miss it

Comment

plexiglass...the thin stuff...I think frodo's idea was best tho!
            CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

antimatter,

Clear plastic will not due what you need is plastic that is tinted or shaded like sunglasses.

The reason is the suns light will interfere with the led or photo transistor if you use clear plastic. I would advise you go to some thrift store or flea market and see if you can find a stray remote control most are designed with the little infrared window free floating and when you pull apart the two half’s of the remote the infrared window is ready made for carputer use and it look nicer to.
              In progress Carputer [////////||] IWill ZPCgx: P4 2.40Ghz, 512Meg, 40Gb, Xenarc 7" TSV, 5 1/4 slot DVD, 802.11g DWL-G132, Ebay BU-303 USB GPS, TMobile GPRS Internet, Custom made power controller.

HU-Alpine CDA-7897 Fantom Face XL AM/FM CD/MP3 Receiver.

Comment

For the IR window use over expossed film--as for the other circles, if your looking for something premade, look for acrylic round stock
                - Vorex Out

Comment

Originally posted by Deviser
                  antimatter,

Clear plastic will not due what you need is plastic that is tinted or shaded like sunglasses.

The reason is the suns light will interfere with the led or photo transistor if you use clear plastic. I would advise you go to some thrift store or flea market and see if you can find a stray remote control most are designed with the little infrared window free floating and when you pull apart the two half’s of the remote the infrared window is ready made for carputer use and it look nicer to.
                  Thanks for the replys guys.

My only comment is why is the lilliput IR window clear?

Comment

Check out www.mouser.com they sell a lot of LED lenses that are clear for multiple sized you could probably get a perfect fit there.
                    '02 GTI
                    [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
                    [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
                    [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
                    [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
                    Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

Just to let you guys know i had the guys at the prototype shop at my work CNC me out a clear window. It works good.

Comment

Lol, good to know. You sure put a lot of thought into this little window
                        CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Damn, I'm too late. Mouser also has a black round window for LEDs. Well, if you want to tint something clear, just go to a car tint shop and ask for a tiny scrap piece. They won't mind at all.

Comment

Yea sorry bringing this thread back to life... but i just hate leaving threads hanging because i know how bad it sucks reading the threads that just die and have resolution.

@curiosity
                            Thanks for the heads up... next time i will look there. Also there is spray tint that can be used. A circle would be hard to cut

Comment

Working...
                            X