DVD playing causes video problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD playing causes video problems

I have just been ing for 30 minutes and couldn't find the answer.

When playing a DVD (I've tried both WinDVD and the CentraFuse frontend), it works fine for a while. Then, there a sort of discoloration at first towards the top of the screen. Then the whole screen kind of gets a little funky, discoloration, weird shadowing, stuff like that. Then eventually my Lilli just gets fed up. It starts flashing -> F*^ed up video (staticy looking, stretched, lines missing) -> off -> F@#%ed up video -> off -> F@#$ed up video -> .... you get the picture. While the Lilli is doing this, I can't use the remote to turn it off. I am still able to use the computer (using the keyboard from memory I can play songs, pause, etc), but the video is F-ed!! Sometimes it will eventually pop up the NO VGA SIGNAL on me, even though the computer is still on. If this happens, I am able to use the remote to turn the screen on/off, but it doesn't help. Resetting the computer doing a soft reset doesn't help. Only thing that seems to work is turning the whole thing off (including pulling over on a highway to turn the car off in the middle of a 5 hour trip) and then turning it back on.

WTF is goin on here? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4WD
    Opus 90W, Epia M210K, Lilli 7" TS, 30GB, CDR/DVD Slot, PowerMate, Earthmate, 200GB Seagate 3.5", Verizon BroadbandAccess, CentraFuse, Valetine1 .....

First: update the drivers.
    Second: try a different DVD.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

My best guess is that the signal microprocessor of your Liliput is overheating...

Try putting a small 12V fan where the speaker is (it fits) to cool down the internals.

Hope this helps

Comment

I should agree with Seth - it sounds like your Lili is giving up (at least after showing some motion intensive content (video) for some time, versus which the windows or any of media engines are almost static...).

Comment

0l33l - I've got the latest drivers and it happens with different DVDs

Seth - Well, that's not a simple solution, but you may be right. I don't have a whole lot of ventilation where the monitor is, and I know it gets warm back there. It may be a while before I get around to adding the fan, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the quick replies!

- rol
          2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4WD
          Opus 90W, Epia M210K, Lilli 7" TS, 30GB, CDR/DVD Slot, PowerMate, Earthmate, 200GB Seagate 3.5", Verizon BroadbandAccess, CentraFuse, Valetine1 .....

Comment

Working...
          X