Rotary Volume Knob Anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary Volume Knob Anyone?

Does somebody here using a rotary volume knob with windows?
    Here's a linux version.
    The hardware would be the same, but coding is not my thing, so is there windows software out there?
    >\\MP3G60//<

Ok, so I did a search.
    But I don't have a sblive, and I don't want to run my signal from the trunk to the dash and back.
    I'm planning on makeing myself a cool custom HU, and want a rotary type control.
    You could even link me up with some general software makeing instructions(ie. thru serial/usb/?)
    >\\MP3G60//<

Comment

try this
      http://www.astron.nl/~smirnov/jogdial.html

Comment

Just had a thought, compaq has keyboards with a volume knobs on them. Hmmm, have to find one and see how it works
        >\\MP3G60//<

Comment

Yeah I have seen HP keybaords with them too, incase you can't find any Compaq keyboards.
          Josh Karger
          By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

What if you tore apart a wheel mouse, seperated the wheel function and turned it 90 degrees so instead of rolling it, you would turn it. Im just guessing your using winamp, but i think, if you could make winamp allways "highlighted" then each turn would change the sound a bit..

i dono, its late at night and im tired..
            later

Comment

I'm the guy who did the linux version... Hey, doesn't anyone here program in Windows? The software is really trivial, all you have to do is watch the serial status bits.
              Custom Linux system on an '89 VW GTI 16V Edition One
              Jogdial volume control, Sony joystick, IR remote...
              Used to be the fastest Linux on the road, until all these NOS types came along...

Comment

Program a program to... ? make winamp highlighted all the time ? I dono if you really wanna tear apart a wheel mouse ..?

Comment

No, I mean a program to watch the serial port and adjust volume accordingly. What I did in Linux for my rotary control.
                  Used to be the fastest Linux on the road, until all these NOS types came along...

Comment

what did you use for the knob ?

Comment

Follow the links above for details. I used a rotary encoder. Here's a page full of them:
                      http://www.digikey.com/scripts/us/dk...7&Cat=22610585

Comment

Working...
                      X