Fan problems on my carpc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan problems on my carpc

I've got a shuttle case and needed an s-video out so that i can go to my lilliput and another lcd that doesnt have vga. on the card i got, its just an old 32mb winfast 3d from a guy i work with, the fan makes like superloud noise so i removed it and attempted to put a different fan in. the new fan would have been perfect but one of the fins broke off and now it doesnt turn anymore. are there any other solutions to keep the vidcard heatsink from getting to skin burning hot, which it reaches in just 15 min of operation, other than a new fan?
    Still attempting an install right now
    Shuttle mobo and case with 2.6 Ghz
    512 mb Ram
    dvd rom
    wireless g
    lilliput 7" ts
    wireless keyboard

Originally posted by JohnChimpo
    I've got a shuttle case and needed an s-video out so that i can go to my lilliput and another lcd that doesnt have vga. on the card i got, its just an old 32mb winfast 3d from a guy i work with, the fan makes like superloud noise so i removed it and attempted to put a different fan in. the new fan would have been perfect but one of the fins broke off and now it doesnt turn anymore. are there any other solutions to keep the vidcard heatsink from getting to skin burning hot, which it reaches in just 15 min of operation, other than a new fan?
    Watercooling, but that's a whole other animal, and certainly not one I'd want to implement in a car, for reasons that should be obvious.
    Get something like this: http://www.directron.com/a1178.html.
    If the pin-style fasteners don't work on your video card (some have them, some don't, you can affix it with some thermal adhesive like this: http://www.directron.com/silverad.html
    Personally, I have the Crystal Orb that I used to replace a HSF on a video card some four years ago. It's been cranking along without a hitch ever since. There are other Video HSF options out there, as well.

I'm also curious as to why you needed/wanted SVideo out to go to your Liliput. Do you not have the VGA model?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

no i have vga out to my lilliput, but i need s-video or rca for an lcd in the back seat. the lcd was a 5" screen from a gamecube and am planning on installing it in the seat.
      Still attempting an install right now
      Shuttle mobo and case with 2.6 Ghz
      512 mb Ram
      dvd rom
      wireless g
      lilliput 7" ts
      wireless keyboard

Comment

Working...
      X