X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Soundcard?

Got another car: 95 Chrysler Concorde.
    Sucks being without a carputer
    I'm putting my pc components in the glovebox, which has a limited amount of room. But if I put it in the trunk I'd have to run much more wiring.
    I'm getting rid of the radio and I have a small amplifier ordered and on the way. (Going without a headunit)
    I have the MXD 1000 (DirectXM) with Hybrids cable, which I plugged into my soundcard. Could hardly hear it.
    I need a better sound card but I have no room in the glovebox.
    I need to run RCA's to my amp and to the Direct XM. What's my best option here?
    Guess I need a usb soundcard? What's a good one?
    Any other options/ideas?

EDIT: Guess I shoulda posted this under "car audio"
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

Audigy 2 NX
    http://www.soundblaster.com/products/audigy2NX/

this looks like it's USB.

should be good.
    2004 Mazda3s

Comment

Muldrick:
      What is the "MXD 1000 (DirectXM) with Hybrids cable" you talk about? Is this an alternative to XMpcr? I've done searches and can't find any info about it. I have an XMpcr with Toslink and since my stupid Audigy 2NX won't feed it to my 5.1 sound system I figure I'll put it in the house and get something else for the car. How's the sound quality?

BTW: The Audigy is ok if you're just going to be running stereo, it only puts out 5.1 for mp3/wav/dvd internal to the computer.
      Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

Working...
      X