Ports dont work ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ports dont work ?

im trying to make my 2nd mp3 player and my mother board (p133 - american megatrends mobo) boots up good, but the ports dont work, none of them, serial, printer, NONE !
    Any ideas? I tried printer port on all the settings.. still nothing, tried LCD Print, nothin =\

Anyone have an old mother board they want to sell me for cheap? Preferibly in BC Canada so no border problems...

I've seen the same symptoms before on AT boards. The ports detect fine and show up in Windows, but they just don't work. Assuming you've ruled out all PNP crap and the possibility of conflicts, the chip on the board is probably dead. I have some extra AT motherboards, but unfortunately I will not part with them. They're like gold around here, as no one can get any new ones. We need the old ones for replacement...Sorry. Have you tried eBay?
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

no, i dont have a Credit Card =\

Comment

btw, it is an AT board...

Comment

If you can't get another board, you can get an ISA or PCI I/O card very cheaply.
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

so it would basicly just put my ports on a PCI card ?

Comment

Yes. Or ISA... Disable the onboard stuff and use the I/O card. Any computer store will have them. Very cheap.

Comment

local computer shop wants 30 bucks for the Parallel PCI IO Card, and something like 60 or 70 for the Serial PCI IO Card

Comment

those are canadian funds... but still

Comment

That's a ripoff. I can get them for $20 all day long. I'd find another store...

Comment

i did, another store gave me three second hand cards... for free

and they all worked too
                      but i ****ed up the wire on my LCD so i gotta sodder it again, lol.

Il give the store a nice donation or reccomend it. They just brought out the "junk" box and started handing me cards. hehe

Comment

yeah considering those cards are worth about $0.25 each...i cant believe they tried to charge you at the other store...i'd raise hell

Comment

Working...
                        X