5v or will 4.5 or 6 do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5v or will 4.5 or 6 do?

using a laptop for my car so i have got a 12v to 19v adaptor for that and now i want to add a cd drive to sit in the dash, i will get a ide to usb converter which i presume takes care of control and audio but it will still need power. a have a cheap 12v to multi output adaptor but it does not have 5v, could i use 4.5 or 6v or could i plug into a usb hub, cut the cable and use the 5v from that? the laptop has 3 usb sockets, my external hdd is in one, my touchscreen controler via a usb/rs232 adaptor in another and i am planing to add a hub to the third for the cd slotload drive, some gps, some form of volume control and a interface for the car alarm, should i get a powered hub due to the load from all this? i would still need a 5v supply for that? thanks!
    PB 2.0Ghz, 20GB, 512mb, XPpro. 300GB Usb HDD, Griffin pwrmate, m-audio audiophile fw. BU-353 gps. 2x100w sony amps, 1x150w JBL sub amp, MBQuart front components, 6x9 rear, 10" sub. Audiocontrol epcienter, esp2, 3xs. Clifford G5, Finished, fitted, problems

4.5 works for me
    Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Working...
    X