Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no windows shutdown options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • no windows shutdown options

    i cant find my settings that says..
    if i press my power button do this... and i need this for my opus to work.
    why isnt there anything in my power/advanced settings??


    mick
    View My Blog


    Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

  • #2
    Originally posted by djmickyg
    i cant find my settings that says..
    if i press my power button do this... and i need this for my opus to work.
    why isnt there anything in my power/advanced settings??


    mick
    Go to the display settings. (Right click on your desktop and select Properties)

    Go to the screen saver section.

    Click on Power.
    1999 Plymouth Voyager (That's right, big-pimpin' in a minivan.)
    PC built into console
    worklog with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46359

    Some of my music: http://www.myspace.com/markquestion

    Comment


    • #3
      or enable it in your BIOS

      go into your BIOS and find power management or savings or something to do with power and enable it there
      Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

      Comment


      • #4
        question: i know where is should be.. but the setting aint there..
        sascooby: i'll have a look around the bios now..

        thanks
        View My Blog


        Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

        Comment


        • #5
          .
          Attached Files
          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
          Installed.


          -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SAScooby
            or enable it in your BIOS

            go into your BIOS and find power management or savings or something to do with power and enable it there
            Never heard of a MB having the option of hibernating/standby/shutdown/reseting your computer when the power button is pressed if this is what the OP was referring to.
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.


            -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

            Comment


            • #7
              i had a look around the power settings int he bios but i couldnt see anything.. i cahnged a few things but it made no differance.

              brandy: thats what i wana see. but this is what i got.
              View My Blog


              Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

              Comment


              • #8
                Go to the Hibernate tab and make sure "Enable Hibernate" is checked.

                Also, open system properties (Shortcut to get there is windows key+pause/break), then go to Hardware, and device manager. Then open up system devices and take a screen shot of those.
                1999 Plymouth Voyager (That's right, big-pimpin' in a minivan.)
                PC built into console
                worklog with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46359

                Some of my music: http://www.myspace.com/markquestion

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by brady
                  Never heard of a MB having the option of hibernating/standby/shutdown/reseting your computer when the power button is pressed if this is what the OP was referring to.
                  Most PCs built in the last 5 years have this.
                  [H]4 Life
                  My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                  It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                  I'm a lesbian too.
                  I am for hire!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    make sure you have the chipset driver installed for your motherboard.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Open device manager. What do you see here ?
                      Attached Files
                      [H]4 Life
                      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ok this is making sence now..
                        under computer in my device manager, i just have "standard PC"
                        ok next questions.. where would i find this to install it??

                        thanks heaps all of u's. ive got 2 pc's with the same problem.. and another one has it and ive never been able to understand why
                        View My Blog


                        Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by djmickyg
                          ok this is making sence now..
                          under computer in my device manager, i just have "standard PC"
                          ok next questions.. where would i find this to install it??

                          thanks heaps all of u's. ive got 2 pc's with the same problem.. and another one has it and ive never been able to understand why
                          Ugh...I was just trying to change a friend's motherboard and I stumbled on the fact that Windows XP is a ***** with APM.

                          Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember right, once you install Windows XP, it isn't possible to change the power management (unless you reinstall). It has to do something with the fact that it is too deeply integrated into the OS.

                          You have to make sure it is enabled in the BIOS before you install Windows, otherwise you'll get that "Standard" business.
                          1999 Plymouth Voyager (That's right, big-pimpin' in a minivan.)
                          PC built into console
                          worklog with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46359

                          Some of my music: http://www.myspace.com/markquestion

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by frodobaggins
                            Most PCs built in the last 5 years have this.
                            Odd, just checked both the Shuttle MB I am using and the other computer near me which has a BioStar MB and neither of them have this option.
                            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                            Installed.


                            -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by brady
                              Odd, just checked both the Shuttle MB I am using and the other computer near me which has a BioStar MB and neither of them have this option.
                              I bet it does. Look in your bios for APM or ACPI.
                              They needed to be enabled when you installed windows.
                              [H]4 Life
                              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X