wiring a realy to lid switch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring a realy to lid switch?

my plan is to solder 2 wires to the lid/screen switch on my laptop then run these through the normaly closed contacts of a 5pin changeover realy with the coil connected to the acc position on the key so when i turn the key on and off the laptop goes in and out of standby. my q is if the coil takes a live feed from the key acc can the other side go directly to ground with no other componet? ie the realy will be 'on' all the time the car is running- is this likely to burn out the realy or drain much power? also i plan to wire the power switch via a realy to a timed output on my alarm so it will startup/shut down when i arm/disarm. anybody know if a laptop will power up and boot if it thinks its lid is shut and will it power off if it is allready in standby?
    PB 2.0Ghz, 20GB, 512mb, XPpro. 300GB Usb HDD, Griffin pwrmate, m-audio audiophile fw. BU-353 gps. 2x100w sony amps, 1x150w JBL sub amp, MBQuart front components, 6x9 rear, 10" sub. Audiocontrol epcienter, esp2, 3xs. Clifford G5, Finished, fitted, problems

Sounds like you should be fine. Just remember to fuse everything appropriately.
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Working...
    X