Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiriusConnect Computer Interface ?

Hello Folks,

I donít know if this new information or not but I recently became aware that Sirius has an item called the SiriusConnect (SIR-ALP1) that is similar to the XMDirect (XMD1000). I wonder if a computer interface cable similar to the HybirdDirect or PCLink Direct could be made for the SiriusConnect (SIR-ALP1) to allow for computer PCR interface function similar to what was done with the XMDirect.

Alpine also has a head unit when used in conjunction with the SiriusConnect (SIR-ALP1) or XMDirect (XMD1000) will receive Sirius or XM satcast programming. The below link provides amplifying information.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/l..._SAT_Radio.htm

Best Regards,
    Retsaoc

That'd really be awesome. I can't decide if I want XM or Sirius yet (one has the major league baseball package, the other has the NFL). So I'm just waiting while they compete with each other in a technology war to keep making each service better.

But a computer interface would put Sirius in the lead for me.

I wonder if they'll ever merge into one company like DirecTV and USSB did. That'd be nice. Then I wouldn't have to choose!
    Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Skipjacks
      I wonder if they'll ever merge into one company like DirecTV and USSB did. That'd be nice. Then I wouldn't have to choose!
      i just don't know what to say about that
      2001 Explorer
      Xenarc, Opus 90W, 120 GB HD, Bondo everywhere

Sold the Explorer...got a 350z

Comment

Originally posted by ibrennan
        i just don't know what to say about that
        I wonder if one day the liberals and the conservatives will all be friends and join together as one!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by dmurray14
          I wonder if one day the liberals and the conservatives will all be friends and join together as one!?!?!
          If they did we could all hold hands and sing kumbya as we made a human peace symbol....excuse me now I have to go vomit just for saying that
          Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by dmurray14
            Probably not
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I would rather have Sirius, for multiple reasons..
              1: I'm sponsered by Sirius Radio (mongo) [Its a small sponsership that comes with my team]
              2: I hear the stations are better on Sirius.

But I was given XMDirect for XMas by a really cool guy whom I owe a bunch now. So XM It is.

Maybe I can install Sirius in my girls car, and run XM in mine. That way we can have a variaty....maybe that wont work tho...when we go on vacations, she'd wanna go in her car because of her stations lmao!
              -Josh
              1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
              My URL: https://www.facebook.com/jagray85

XBOX: DarkerStars

Comment

Working...
              X