carputer plunge #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carputer plunge #2

So my epia m10000 decided to stop outputting any video signal after updating the bios (per instructions on via's site)

thinking it was my 8" lilli, i tore it apart and tried reseating the ribbon cables, tearing one pretty good in the process

seeing how im takin a 1000 mile road trip next week, i decided to upgrade and fedex 2-day the following items:

-insight p4 itx mobo
    -p4 2.8ghz (no hyperthreading, tho the mobo supports it )
    -lexar high performance 2gb compact flash (keeping 80gb hard drive to store music till i buy the creative nomad jukebox zen xtra 60gb)
    -epia compact flash to ide adapter
    -pw-200 dc-dc power supply
    -replacement 30pin ribbon cable from digikey.com
    -destinator 3 30-day trial cd

anyone have any experience with that p4 board? cant find too much info on the forums here... would like to know if i have to buy that ATI 128mb pci video card for 60 bucks i found somewhere (looking to have dazzling fullscreen vis goin)

im assuming its all gonna work when i throw it together...

I'll be installing all this in my old NES case, gonna cut a hole in the top for the cpu fan, cut out the back for the mobo ports, wire up the power & reset buttons, and mount a rectangular usb hub behind the cartridge door This should be a step up from the 8x16 piece of plywood i had been using for a "case".

Originally posted by therussman2002
    So my epia m10000 decided to stop outputting any video signal after updating the bios (per instructions on via's site)

thinking it was my 8" lilli, i tore it apart and tried reseating the ribbon cables, tearing one pretty good in the process

seeing how im takin a 1000 mile road trip next week, i decided to upgrade and fedex 2-day the following items:

-insight p4 itx mobo
    -p4 2.8ghz (no hyperthreading, tho the mobo supports it )
    -lexar high performance 2gb compact flash (keeping 80gb hard drive to store music till i buy the creative nomad jukebox zen xtra 60gb)
    -epia compact flash to ide adapter
    -pw-200 dc-dc power supply
    -replacement 30pin ribbon cable from digikey.com
    -destinator 3 30-day trial cd

anyone have any experience with that p4 board? cant find too much info on the forums here... would like to know if i have to buy that ATI 128mb pci video card for 60 bucks i found somewhere (looking to have dazzling fullscreen vis goin)

im assuming its all gonna work when i throw it together...

I'll be installing all this in my old NES case, gonna cut a hole in the top for the cpu fan, cut out the back for the mobo ports, wire up the power & reset buttons, and mount a rectangular usb hub behind the cartridge door This should be a step up from the 8x16 piece of plywood i had been using for a "case".
    Wow, I am doing just about same thing.
    My m10000 stop working and I could not figure out, so I order P4 mini-ITX board and P4 2.4ghz (just like you no HT, but board suppots it).
    I just got them in mail today, so I haven't done anything yet. But looking like I am going to have a little sleep tonight.

Comment

You should order an inverter as well. That PW-200 will not do anything to that setup.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

eh mini-box.com claimed the pw200 worked with that board & a p4 up to 3.06ghz

i still have my 90w opus, wonder if i can use both somehow (w/o opus i gotta hit a button somewhere to turn the darned thing on everytime)

Comment

200 watt for a P4? thats not a lot although i beleive your CPU is a Northwood which would put it at about 65 watts max which is less then the 100 watts that the other p4's pull. Are you useing a video card or onboard? That is going to be real close.
          My Install

Software:
          CFiG v1
          iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
          Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
          StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

im usin onboard, got a pci audigy2zs though... and i plan on runnin a 3.5" hd on it for a short while

would hope to run the lilli off of it, we'll see what happens

does anything bad happen to the hardware if its low on power?

Comment

Working...
            X