Best alarm to protect our investment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best alarm to protect our investment

Ok, we spent a lot of time and money to do our projects and we want to protect our investment. So my question is what is the best alarm for the buck and simply which the one you would like to have if money was no object?

I've got a Clifford (DEI) and I'm very happy with it.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Best alarm available today

You absolutely cannot go wrong with this system. Not only will it keep your stuff secure, but it'll indulge your sense of vengence a little if someone does try to mess with your stuff.
      Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Skipjacks
        Best alarm available today

You absolutely cannot go wrong with this system. Not only will it keep your stuff secure, but it'll indulge your sense of vengence a little if someone does try to mess with your stuff.
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Comment

i got a clifford g5, top alarm even got a cable to connect it to my pc to change siren tones etc, also it has some outputs you can program yourself, mine is going to turn the pc on and off.
            PB 2.0Ghz, 20GB, 512mb, XPpro. 300GB Usb HDD, Griffin pwrmate, m-audio audiophile fw. BU-353 gps. 2x100w sony amps, 1x150w JBL sub amp, MBQuart front components, 6x9 rear, 10" sub. Audiocontrol epcienter, esp2, 3xs. Clifford G5, Finished, fitted, problems

Comment

Has anyone seen that Flame throwing SYS? I need one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by hotponyshoes
                i got a clifford g5, top alarm even got a cable to connect it to my pc to change siren tones etc, also it has some outputs you can program yourself, mine is going to turn the pc on and off.
                Isn't that going to be annoying having to press the on button every time you get in your car?
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Rotflmao
                  VIA MII 10000 - 512MB Ram - Dual 2.5" drives, Xenarc 700TSV, Panasonic CW-8132-B, Opus 150, Audigy 2 NX, PowerMate, IOADR1610 10 Relay card

Comment

That monkey is great! Here I am using a Clifford 3.5 RS. Though the best security you can buy yourself is to stay low profile. But be careful with these Alarm installation places, cause some of the install jobs are hiddeous and the car is more secure without the alarm unit.
                    Mark

Car'Puter Project
                    - Xenarc 700TSV
                    - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
                    - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
                    - M2-ATX
                    - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
                    - Garmin 15H GPS
                    - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

Originally posted by DaRacerz
                      That monkey is great! Here I am using a Clifford 3.5 RS. Though the best security you can buy yourself is to stay low profile. But be careful with these Alarm installation places, cause some of the install jobs are hiddeous and the car is more secure without the alarm unit.
                      Yeh, like Circuit City. I hear that Best Buy can't even intall a radio correctly
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

The best alarm to me has the longest range two way communication,every other feature is secondary to this. if your at the mall & your alarm goes off way out in the parking lot, you want to know imediately & why.

if you have a pager/communicator/controller on your belt that beeps & vibrates & you can just look at it to determine if it was just bumped or if a door has been opened etc. in real time then you have security. the only alarm on the market that I know of that uses spread spectrum technology, allowing use of much more transmiting power by the fcc is the compustar ss.

the range blows away all other so called high end fm two ways like dei's clifford\python\viper lines & basically anything else out there short of cellular communication, which is really the ultimate security, but not readily available & dificult to devise reliably, not to mention very high lattency...

check out compustar ss, it'll cost you about twice as much & it's a ***** to install, but nothing else can touch it as far as I know...of course it has a remote start & many other high end features, including being the ONLY remote start I have ever seen that is actually designed to also be installed PROPERLY & SAFELY in a stick shift car by requiring a reservation mode sequince.

another thing I have done with this alarm is modify the transmit & receive antennas for even more range, imagine starting your car 5, 6 or even 7 or more city blocks away & getting confirmation that it is running...to me the labor is a significant factor & I would not waste the amount of labor it takes to properly install a security system on anything less than one of these, you can probably get one off ebay for a little under $300 last I looked, or find an authorized installer to hook it up for anywhere from $550-$1,000 or more to install it correctly depending on your car & options & remember you get what you pay for, so if you can't install it yourself don't cheap out on a crappy install, it can take anywhere from 5 or 6 hours to well over 20 hours for a GOOD install by someone who is a pro, this don't come cheap either...
                        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
                          The best alarm to me has the longest range two way communication,every other feature is secondary to this. if your at the mall & your alarm goes off way out in the parking lot, you want to know imediately & why.

if you have a pager/communicator/controller on your belt that beeps & vibrates & you can just look at it to determine if it was just bumped or if a door has been opened etc. in real time then you have security. the only alarm on the market that I know of that uses spread spectrum technology, allowing use of much more transmiting power by the fcc is the compustar ss.

the range blows away all other so called high end fm two ways like dei's clifford\python\viper lines & basically anything else out there short of cellular communication, which is really the ultimate security, but not readily available & dificult to devise reliably, not to mention very high lattency...

check out compustar ss, it'll cost you about twice as much & it's a ***** to install, but nothing else can touch it as far as I know...of course it has a remote start & many other high end features, including being the ONLY remote start I have ever seen that is actually designed to also be installed PROPERLY & SAFELY in a stick shift car by requiring a reservation mode sequince.

another thing I have done with this alarm is modify the transmit & receive antennas for even more range, imagine starting your car 5, 6 or even 7 or more city blocks away & getting confirmation that it is running...to me the labor is a significant factor & I would not waste the amount of labor it takes to properly install a security system on anything less than one of these, you can probably get one off ebay for a little under $300 last I looked, or find an authorized installer to hook it up for anywhere from $550-$1,000 or more to install it correctly depending on your car & options & remember you get what you pay for, so if you can't install it yourself don't cheap out on a crappy install, it can take anywhere from 5 or 6 hours to well over 20 hours for a GOOD install by someone who is a pro, this don't come cheap either...

Well that does sound pretty cool, but in all those features does it have a monkey that comes out and beats the car theif to death?
                          Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

Trunkmonkey is pretty versatile, too:

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/#q003

Comment

It has a similar feature, but it uses a gorilla & some vasiline instead, I'll try to capture it on video & post it here, it is billed as the rape-ape option
                              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
                              X