new asus barebones that might be fun to play with

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new asus barebones that might be fun to play with

saw this and thought you guys would like a look. http://usa.asus.com/products/desktop...o/overview.htm

hack it apart and use it in conjunction with a TS and you have a nice set up.
    TS Head unit design kinda and a Carputer all in one.

dont know about you but i want one to hack apart and see what i can do.
    the S1-P111 that is

what no thoughts or ideas?

Comment

It's quite big for an all in one head unit install : 9.5W x 7.1H x 13D (inches)
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

I don't think you would put the whole thing in your dash! that screen would make a pretty nice controller on a dash but does it onlky work with the bios player or does it also work when XP is running? Would be cool to have on a cover infront of a touchscreen or int he area covered by a fold out screen so you can do the basic mp3 & FM thing without booting te PC and having the screen out.

Comment

it would seem kind of a waste to put the screen on there and only have it work with the bios player. it HAAAAS to work with the OS too, otherwise the designers are just plain

Comment

I am now looking into hacking this box apart, it claims to have "instant on" but I am wondering what exactly is "on" in an instance. My main thing is I don't want to spend 300 on the box and throw more than half of it away.

Anyone play with this yet?

Chris

Comment

the instant on probably refers to the bios being able to play mp3s etc without the OS running.

Comment

Yep ! An os is not needed to play mp3, cd, dvd, tv or radio.
                Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

Comment

Working...
                X