AIWA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIWA

OK, this is a weird request due to the fact that AIWA has AUX-IN on the front.. Any suggestions on getting AUX-in on the rear of the unit? I have a brand new CDC-X517M, (arent best buy protection programs great :-), so no, i cant take it back) and i want a cleaner looking install than having the wire on the front. Anyone know about the cd-changer bus?
    Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
    Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
    Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
    www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

1.) i thought with the best buy service plan you could replace it no matter what u do/did to it....

2.) it is actually very easy to open up the cd player and tap into the aux input if u have some basic soldierins skills, run another jack out the back or side (there are plenty of holes) of the unit and put it back together properly try hard not to bend the frame too much if at all... they sell all the needed wires to extend it at radio shack for about 6 dollars.

Comment

I do have basic soldering skills, but the unit I have has a removable face plate. Since the aux In is on the removable face plate, so where would i get the input?

Comment

Originally posted by Kain101:
        <STRONG>1.) i thought with the best buy service plan you could replace it no matter what u do/did to it.....</STRONG>
        I think he is saying that his old one broke and he just got a new one. BUT you are not corectly true. Aburse, Spills, and Infect infestation are not covered (Dont ask me WHY they added insect infestation to it, i just work there, i dont make the rules )
        Nothing yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by AGoodbar:
          <STRONG>

I think he is saying that his old one broke and he just got a new one. BUT you are not corectly true. Aburse, Spills, and Infect infestation are not covered (Dont ask me WHY they added insect infestation to it, i just work there, i dont make the rules )</STRONG>

That is strange every best buy sales person i have ever spoken to (and that is a heck of a lot, they should give me my own parking space for the amount of time and money i spend there) says that the best buy extended service plan covers me no matter what, if i drop it, throw it out a window etc... maybe they are just saying that so i buy into the plans, i should really read up on those thanks for pointing that out...

now if you open the cd player, you should be able to read the circuit board well enough to figure out where to jump the wires from (i have done so for some other players, i am not too sure about the AWIA, especially since u have a removable face) or i am sure if u search the web you could find schematics of the board somewhere

good luck

Comment

yah, i meant that the remote wasnt quite working on the old one so i got a new one. I meant that i cannot get a different model with aux in on the rear. I will try opening it up tonight.

Comment

Working...
            X